cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Windows 10" Problem

DazzaSlayer

So I can't send out e-mail using my BT Connect e-mail address via Outlook 2013 and Windows 10.

This came off the back of getting a "mail relay denied" error which as you can imagine was super fun! After unsuccessfully testing various SMTP settings I am told this is a "Windows 10 issue" and that I'll have to pay £25.00 for a one off support incident or pay a monthly subscription for improved support. Whilst I fully understand this, and I know the department deal with non-BT IT support, I would still rather get the issue sorted for free naturally.

We have the following incoming server address:

outlook.office365.com

We're tried the following outgoing SMTP server addresses:

mail.btconnect.com

smtp.btconnect.com

smtp.office365.com

We've got the SMTP requires authentication ticked, and have double checked our username/password credentials in there.

We have incoming (POP3) server port of 995

"This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)" checked

Outgoing server (SMTP) is 587 and it's a TLS encrypted connection.

"Test Account Settings" returns a successful test yet any messages we create remain in the Outbox and, yes, we've deleted them all, recreated them all, closed Outlook after every settings change, re-opened Outlook.

Anyone else having this issue? Would appreciate any advice / help on this.  Thank you.

Darren

2 REPLIES 2

Raymo

I had exactly the same issue and this fixed it for me... in Windows 10 open a cmd window (with admin rights) - type SFC/Scannow this runs for a while and checks for file corruption and fixes any issues with the windows 10 install. Restart outlook if still open and it should now work 🙂

Hope this helps!

Raymond

petergroft
Power User

The latest Windows 10 update has caused several problems for users, including kernel panic errors, slow booting, unresponsive systems, game performance issues, and freezes. Microsoft has released several patches to try and fix the issues. Most users are unaware of simple steps that can be taken to resolve these issues.

Greetings,

Peter