cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Business mobile modems

aguess

Hi,

Could you let me know what 3G modems come with the business mobile broadband solution.

I'm fairly sure you offer the MF631 USB Stick, but what I'm REALLY interested in is a "MiFi" style solution, to create a 3G WiFi hotspot so that where we are more and more using devices that don't have USB such as iPads and other touchpad devices and also a solution where I don't have to worry about software that needs to be installed on laptops.  Do you have something like that?

Many thanks

Alex

4 REPLIES 4

MHC
Guru

I don't know if BT supply them but they are certainly available.     I have had them on loan from BT when our service was down for 6 weeks.

warriorfullight

For all I know, they offer it before. I am just not sure if that is still available until today. I am curious how MiFi works compared to WiFi.

aguess

... I am curious how MiFi works compared to WiFi.

In my experience (I have about 60 with Orange), they are as unreliable, flakey and slow as regular 3G USB modems.

However, they have several distinct advantages

1. You can move them to a window (or better location) to get a better signal without have to move your laptop around trying to get the perfect signal.

2. You don't have to install software, which on the many different platforms people use these days is brilliant, especially for people who've nicely invested in their own iPad (WiFi only versions) for work purposes, so can take advantage of our generosity in providing mobile 3G.

3. Several people can connect at the same time, so in a regular project group it's really handy, especially if externals and contractors who don't have their own devices are involved.

oddy1113

A label often on the bottom or the back of the modem and router or on the packaging . You simply plug in the modem and within minutes you will be online to check your emails surf the web and download files .

robotplæneklipper