cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT mobile moving to EE

haystack

My Bt Business mobile contract with BT runs out today, I have had a conversation with one of the BT representatives today, I require more information to enable me to decide whether to stay with BT as the service is moving to EE, I was previously with EE before I came over to BT  2 yrs ago, My problem is that EE does not work in my house which is my business premises, this was the reason I went to BT/vodaphone, I have done a lot of investigation today and there is a unit that EE offer called a signal box which routes the mobile telephone/text service through my broadband connection, this would be the solution to my problem and would enable me to continue with BT as my mobile service provider, I already have my business landline and business broadband with BT,  my internet is 76mb down and 16mb up so it is well up to the task of routing my mobile for when I am working from home, does anyone know if BT can arrange this service please, I don't really want to move to another network as I am happy with the service BT provide, if this cannot be done through BT for some reason can they initialise the service if I bought one of these units on ebay, there are plenty out there for sale?
If not is there another service that could achieve the same result?
Kind Regards

4 REPLIES 4

markp
Grand Guru

Hi haystack,

I have been speaking to a colleague in Bt Mobile for you. If you are struggling to get a signal we have a similar device called BT signal assist. Which will connect into your broadband router.

If you contact the BT Mobile retention team on 0800 0121 192 they can advise more on this device and if there is any additional costs involved.

Mark

ps.  If this answers your query click accept as solution please.

Trismegister

I have recently taken  delivery of a Cisco BT Signal Assist.

I await with bated breath for it to stop flashing rapid green and settle down to a steady green and give me a 3G signal.

It's now more than 24 hours after I plugged it in.

It's more that 26 hours since I activated it using the web activation process.

The router has given it an IP number and says it is connected at 1000Gb.

I am nertvously fearing the worst: that it will never work. That was my experience with the Vodafone Sure Signal. After we changed over to a BT Infinity Business fibre broadband connection the Vodafone Sure Signal was no longer compatible with the way IP packets were being transmitted - apparently due to certain manufacturers' DSLAM hardware. 

So I changed over to BT/EE in the hope that, within one company, all the hardware components will integrate properly.

I still live in that hope ... I will keep you informed!

Trismegister

Hooray! It works! After many days of flashing green and several times re-registering the Signal Assist, I finally reset the device and it was functioning with a steady green light after only a few minutes. And now 4 bars of 3G - brilliant after zero bars!  

I also made sure that the device was not attached tthrough an Ethernet switch as I had it originally - can't definitely say that this was relevant. It is, however taking a signal via an Ethernet socket in my Apple Time Capsule rather than being plugged directly into the BT Business Hub router.  

The router is in my worksop where my phone line enters the premises; I need the mobile connectivity in my office which is in another building connected via Ethernet to the router. In the office, Internet via both Ethernet and Wi-Fi is served by the Apple Time Capsule.  

So ... all working now.

Sykesy009
Please tell me what you did to get it working. I've connected it and on my hub manager it's showing as connected to my hub with an IP address and as connected at 100mbs but it just sits there flashing away it's only been a few hours but I can't help thinking its just going to stay that way Please help