cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer VOIP to BT Landline

ecsltd

Hi,

My company currently has a VOIP shared on another Phone line.

What we want to do know is to purchase another line but transfer the voip phone number to the new line, is this possible?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

minicheddar
Super User

Hi,

Could you clarify how you wish to transfer the VoIP?

1) If you wish to forward or transfer calls to a phone on the line, you can do this using

-Call Forwarding

-Find-Me-Follow-Me

Both are free features. Visit www.bt.com/business/yourbbv  and follow the link.

2) If you a moving broadband to your new line, your number is stored in your Business Hub or BT Falcon phone so your VoIP will be carried over when you plug everything in.

I hope this answers your question.

Minicheddar 

chamber123

We are about to move office, we have a voip phone but we would like to keep the business number and transfer to BT Landline can this be done.

flashsnaps

Hi,

Is it the same area code? This typically can be done but is never straight forward. I tried it recently for a client and it took about 5weeks to complete.

Typically, you would provision a new PSTN line and once its installed, place a renumber request. Then once the line has been renumbered, place a broadband install on to it.

You will need to port the VOIP providers number across to BT Openreach before hand.

Bound to be downtime or disruption. I would suggest getting the new line into the new premise first.

PM if you want me to help.