cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Porting

memale

If I subscribe to BT Hosted VoIP, can I port my exisitng PSTN number to BT Hosted VoIP?

If my PSTN number is the same number as my Broadband service, can I port the number? Will the PSTN number for my Broadband service be replaced with a new number?

12 REPLIES 12

McDee

memale,

If you were to port your PSTN line number out, then that line and all services dependant on it will be ceased  (as required by current legislation and Industry process).

It may be possible to get the line renumbered before your number is ported to the VOIP service, but this will cause a momentary disruption to your telephony and broadband service on that line.

I suggest you give the Number Porting team a call on 0800 389 0158 , they should be able to give you more info.

edusites

I'm totally confused! I recently purchased two BT Cloud phones, which came with two new numbers. I already have two lines for calling, one of which includes broadband. Ultimately, we only want two cloud phones and two numbers and we need the existing numbers porting to the new cloud phones. We have been informed that if we port the number with the broadband we will lose our broadband service. It would appear that we need a new number for the broadband and aren't sure if this will require a new broadband package. As we already have a broadband package, we don't want to be paying for two. Please advise. We have contacted BT Local Business about this issue this afternoon and are waiting for a call back but they didn't seem clear about the solution. Please advise.

SeanC
Master User

Hi Edusites

to port a number that has an active broadband service all that should be required is to request a renumber then port as you will still be using broadband there is no need for a cease.

our sales team should be able to help with this on 0800 800 152.

Regards

SeanC