Guru

Porting Failure

I have had BT BBV for many years and use has been declining - the failure of BT communicator made use whilst travelling very difficult.

Then in October I received the letter informing us that the service would end on 1st December and that I had cold move teh numbes to anothe ervice or provider.       I looked at various options from BT and others and decided - with costs differences of £350 pa  plus hardware that moving was teh solution.

I placed a porting request for te two numbers on my account and waited.  

Today, I am told that BT has rejected the request!

To me,  that is an unfair tactic.

Administrator

Re: Porting Failure

Hi there MHC,

Does the letter state what the rejection reason? 

If you can send me a PM with the details of the letter and your account details  I can get the BT BBV team to look into it for you.

Markp

Guru

Marrk P

The only information that I have just received from the provider I wish to port to is that BT have said:   "they are not on the same account".   

That is certainly incorrect as I have just pulled up my single online account and in the October bill under phone services it states:

Phone services    Usage charges (£)

056034nnnn7        £x.xx

056034nnnn9        £x.xx

The letter gives the association of the 0560 with the two Geographics that I wish to port.

I only have one BT business account and that is paid monthly and includes Broadband (infinity), Static IP and the charges associated with the two lines.

I have only, so far, managed to speak with BBV/Cloud sales who are trying to find a better contact.   Do you have any contact numbers that I can use?

Administrator

Hi  there MHC,

It you send me the your details, my contact is for the BBV faults/2nd line team, he does not have a direct number you can get him on, but I can get him to investigate and possibly call you with his findings, alternately you can try calling the BBV 1st line support team on 0800 169 1146.

Regards

Markp

Highlighted
Guru

Hi Mark,

I might have found someone who can resolve it - but if that fails I will send details to you.

Digging deep into the issue:

I have an acount VPnnnnnnnn and on that both 0560 numbers are shown.   I have no other active Business account.

However,   it seems that one of the 0560 numbers has an underlying account LC27nnnnn and teh other LC80mmmmmm   and then the two GEOs also have different account numbers    LW6aaaaaaa and LW6bbbbbbb and no one can explain why.   The two GEOs were originally on a Business Highway service (ISDN2e) and migrated to VOIP when Business Highway was withdrawn - so they should have stayed on te same account but they did not.    

The person I spoke to is in the Dundee area and believes he can get the two GEOs moved to the VP account in the next day or so which should then resolve the porting issue.

Without all te digging last nigt and this morning,  I would have been non-the wiser and all my documentation including bills only refers to VPnnnnnn.

If this way fails,  I may have to ask you to try and assist.