cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cordless handsets with BT hosted VOIP

spacebaby

I've spent a frustrating three weeks trying to get a new hosted VOIP system working!  I was sold this by BT as a solution for a small organisation moving into a large space.  We do most of our work online, but need two phonelines for voice, and a fax.  We went for hosted VOIP - it sounded like a system for 21 century.

BUT - BT didn't offer a cordless handset and we need one for the space we are in. So I bought the Seimens Gigaset 685IP phone with twin handsets.

And I can't get them working with the BT router.  Has anyone overcome this problem?

I am told now that Gigaset don't work with the router - is this really true?

What are the options available - we work on MACs so could we plug VOIP handsets into the computers directly?

Should I buy the non cordless Falcon phones and hope the BT wake up soon and offer a cordless compatible phone option?

Are there other cordless handsets that do work with BT hosted VOIP and their wireless broadband routers?

Can anyone suggest a phone engineer who knows about this stuff and is London based?  I'm totally out of my depth in this - I'm a marketer and going crazy having no working phones!

Should I give up totally and get Virgin instead?

2 REPLIES 2

SeanC
Master User

Hi Spacebaby

Sorry you are having issues.

BT do not have any current plans to introduce cordless handsets for hosted voip or standard broadband voice.

Cordless handsets do work on hosted voip and broadband voice but we do not support them, unfortunately we cant recommend any types that do work.

SC

GigasetPRO

Although BT themselves do not offer a Cordless VoIP product, please see the Gigaset range here including configuration information to get you up and running.

Get help with BT VoIP services working with Gigaset VoIP products http://www.WiKi.GigasetPRO.co.uk