cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you connect to the BT Cloud app via FTP?

jakiefriks9

I am in the process of ripping all my DVDs to an external SSD and I have used 60 gig so far and estimate I will use about 100 gig when I am done. I would like to create a cloud backup as my ISP (BT Internet) gives me 1 terabyte storage.

Of course this will take some time to upload so I'm wondering if there is any way I can connect via FTP to the BT Cloud and upload my files with an FTP client, ideally limiting my bandwidth so I'm not choking up my internet connection while it uploads.

Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Garnetmn

Hey,

What is the fastest and convenient way to transfer file / link from Android phone to iPad (Wifi Version)?
For links i had idea to use Keep (by Google), but i've no idea for files..
I know i can via bluetooth,email, etc.. but i'm looking for faster way..
What do you say?

Hilliard15

@upsers wrote:

I am in the process of ripping all my DVDs to an external SSD and I have used 60 gig so far and estimate I will use about 100 gig when I am done. I would like to create a cloud backup as my ISP (BT Internet) gives me 1 terabyte storage.

Of course this will take some time to upload so I'm wondering if there is any way I can connect via FTP to the BT Cloud and upload my files with an FTP client, ideally limiting my bandwidth so I'm not choking up my internet connection while it uploads.

Any help is appreciated.

Depending on the type of network location, when you browse the network location you may or may not be able to create bookmarks to locations within that tree as described above. This should work for SMB shares on a computer or folders on another Android device accessed via MiXplorer FTP and might work for others.