cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE and VoWiFi missing Pixel 6 Pro

petecarr901

I've got a BT Onephone SIM which I've merrily used in my Huawei P30 Pro for 12 months with VOLTE and VoWiFi active with no issue. Recently I've upgraded to a Pixel 6 Pro, but no VOLTE and VoWiFi is not an available option with the BT SIM installed. Swapping to a competitors SIM, the Pixel 6 happily activates VOLTE and VoWiFi, swapping back they dissappear. BT Onephone support have triple checked that the back end settings are correct and pushed new carrier settings out, and putting the SIM back in the P30 indicates they are.

Knowing that BT and EE both sell the Pixel 6 Pro to retail customers presumably with these services enabled, I'm baffled why BT business can't activate them.

Anyone know of a fix, I live in an area with poor indoor mobile coverage and will either have to swap back to my old Huawei or move our account to a competitor. 

8 REPLIES 8

Howard856

VoLTE (Voice-over-LTE) is a useful voice service by mobile carriers for providing voice calls using a more advanced LTE network instead of a wireless voice network. It basically offers superior voice calling quality along with browsing the internet and using data-driven apps while calling. Whereas VoWiFi (Voice-over-WiFi) offers voice calls over Wi-Fi. But plenty of affected users is finding ways to Enable VoWiFi and VoLTE in Google Pixel 6 and 6 Pro manually.

Paulinehaven

It seems that the Pixel 6 series devices do not officially support the VoLTE or VoWiFi feature even if the network carrier supports it. Well, if we take a look back then you can get to know that this is a prominent issue among Pixel devices since its earlier days. Progressive For Agents Only

petecarr901

Info out there is mixed, certainly just after the Pixel 6 Pro was released VoLTE was pretty good problematic and had to be patched. Carriers such as Vodafone https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/google/pixel-6-pro-android-12-0/calls-and-contacts/turn-volte-on... support it and even have a guide online to show consumers how to switch it on.  Using the phones own hidden test functionality by dialling *#*#4636#*#* shows that VoLTE and WiFi Calling are a feature but disabled presumably by carrier settings.Pixel6.png

Google support themselves say it's a feature and should work so long as the carrier has configured it in their settings. It works with an EE, O2, Vodafone and 3 SIM too. Lots of conflicting info, naively thought that a flagship phone from Google would be fully supported 😕

Napoleon

@petecarr901 wrote:

I've got a BT Onephone SIM which I've merrily used in my Huawei P30 Pro for 12 months with VOLTE and VoWiFi active with no issue. Recently I've upgraded to a Pixel 6 Pro, but no VOLTE and VoWiFi is not an available option with the BT SIM installed. Swapping to a competitors SIM, the Pixel 6 happily activates VOLTE and VoWiFi, swapping back they dissappear. BT Onephone support have triple checked that the back end settings are correct and pushed new carrier settings out, and putting the SIM back in the P30 indicates they are.

Knowing that BT and EE both sell the Pixel 6 Pro to retail customers presumably with these services enabled, I'm baffled why BT business can't activate them.

MyCVSHR

Anyone know of a fix, I live in an area with poor indoor mobile coverage and will either have to swap back to my old Huawei or move our account to a competitor. 

However, if you are using a Pixel device where it is not officially supported, then even if the carrier supports it, you wouldn’t be able to enable it. And to be fair, this isn’t something that has popped out all of a sudden, this issue is prevalent since the earlier Pixel days. But at that point in time, we could use the Qualcomm Tool to access the modem and manually set the MBN in sync with the settings of another modem that is present in a Pixel device that is officially supported in that region.

Leon69

I appreciate the information and advice you have shared. I will try to figure it out for more.
www.avalonaccess.com

Alex69

@petecarr901 wrote: DMVNow

I've searched online and seems like I'm not the only person facing this problem so clearly it is Google's software problem.

petecarr901

Switched service provider to "Three", problem solved the WiFi & VOLTE problem, marginally cheaper and better coverage.

BarcodeMaker

When the mobile coverage issue will be resolved . It will work properly.