cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Being told I have to migrate from Voip to Cloud but no other suppliers can take on my number

thecoloursuite

I own a small business and have had by landline with BT for over 10 years.

When I moved to a new office (in the same area, just up the road) I was told that moving the phone number wouldn't a problem. But when I moved in awaiting for BT to reconnect me I was then told that the phone number (was in a part of the cupboard that couldn't be moved - Yes I kid you not!)

"No problem," said BT.  "We will give you a new number and run your old number through our VoIP service and give you a new number to run the broadband through." 

This has all worked smoothly until BT decided to make all VoIP numbers go through their digital cloud system.

In fact, I was not informed by BT that they were going to stop this, they just decided one day to cut off this number, leaving my clients puzzled to why they couldn't phone me - constant engaged tone. (Thank you BT).

After being passed from dept to dept I finally managed to get the original number reinstated (but this is not for long I have been told). I have lost all faith in BT.

So please can someone come up with suggestions of how I can keep my original business number.

• Is the only way to put the original number (VoIP) through a digital phone (which I have to buy through BT) on my broadband router and then the additional number (that I did not want but had to have broadband through)
  • Has anyone had any success leaving BT and successfully porting their VoIP/Cloud number to another supplier - ie Vonage? 

I am concerned that I am being told so many different things mainly being that no other supplier can take on my original business number (VoIP) and the only way to keep it is at substantial cost.

Reading on this forum it is interesting to see other small businesses facing exactly the same problems and being told the same mixed messages that I am.

I am concerned staying with BT is my only option.

Why in this day and age is this so complicated to keep my original number and surely there must be a simpler alternative.

If anyone can answer or help I would be most grateful.

3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there thecoloursuite,

if you can send me a private message with your VoIP phone number and your best contact phone number I can get the team dealing with the migration to contact you, and they can advise on all your options .

Markp

markp
Grand Guru

Hi thecoloursuite,

Thank you for the information, I have passed this on to the relevant team for them to contact you.

Markp

thecoloursuite

Thanks for the generic answer - I don't think the issue has been solved - the team they just want to sell me more products that I'm not sure if I need? Every person I talk has a slightly different story to what I need.

Disappointed that I have been put in this place after so many loyal years at BT.