cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BTbroadband order

philippe

Hi,

I run a small IT business form home. Secure Internet communication is paramount to us.  access to many online system are to dedicated IP address only. So basically with out a good broadband connection we simply can;t work.

we do not even use the line for phone call just Internet.

so this is my story: 

BT contacted me to ask if I wanted to move form EE to BT following the merger. While EE has supplied an uninterrupted service for the past 2 years the download speed in my area was poor with lot of ups and down. BT guarantying that I will have a minimum of 64 mg download speed was a very atractive solution.

I asked two specific questions before committing with BT:

1. will i have anything to do> do i have to cancel my EE order.etc.. response no we are doing everything for you.
  2. Will i have any interruption for the service. answer no I won't notice a thing.

BT did contact EE and transferred the account without me having to do a thing, but DID NOT PROVIDE A BROADBAND SERVICE.  On the due delivery day, an engineer turned up, to check the line and while everything was OK in his end, I digs't have any broadband access. BT Didn't notify me of any potential issues. As soon as i called, I was told that there was an "open exception" on the line, taking up to 5 working day to be resolved. This was on the 12th of December.  After explaining how dreadful this was for my business, the lady on the phone said that she has escalated the issue and i will be connected within the next 48 hours (the 14th). Nothing happened. I called again and i was told that I will have to wait until the 20th (nothing happen). I called again and i was told that i should have an update by the end of the day,. it is now the 21st still no broadband, I have been offer compensation (no amount specified). But apparently I'll be lucky if i get £20.  

This is a perfect demonstration of how BT cares for its business customer. BT interrupted the service I had with EE without been able to supply the service themselves, leaving my IT business without secured Internet connection. The total cost and losses a will be very difficult to quantified. I can't change instantly to any other provider.

Basically BT put my business in a stand still and could not careless. I have been given several excuses: now it is not an "open exception" it is apparently the fault of another party : "open reach" which i had no contact with?!?! If only BT technical department and customer service was as efficient as they lying salesman are, to bring business in, that will be great. I received my first bill today, paid straight away and still not broadband services. 

0 REPLIES 0