cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ingenico IWL250 Point of Sale and wifi

xox101

Does anyone here use one of these POS (either meaning could be true!) in their business? If so do you use it connected to one wifi router or multiple wifi access points?

Back story-

We just had five of these Ingenico IWL250's fitted to our bar using wifi only. We have one router connected to three access points which provide the wifi over two floors. Two bars and a nightclub. Thought these terminals would be an ideal solution after years of fighting with GPRS terminals which never worked properly.

But while the new terminals will connect quite happily to the access point they were originally set up on they will not roam. By that I mean moving them from the original access point to another access point they lose connectivity to the first access point but do not connect to the next one. All access points have the same Staff network and the same password on them. We have hundreds of customers pass through the three bars at the weekend and absolutely no complaints about the wifi from any of them. 

The Iwl250's allow you to set up different profiles with different network names on them so as an experiment I brought one home and connected it to two wireless routers and my phone's hotspot. While the terminal had no problem connecting to whichever wifi I connected it to, it would not reconnect to another wifi network when the first one was turned off. Exactly the same behaviour they exhibit in the bar. No automatic reconnection to another network.

The guy who installed them blamed our wifi which was the main reason for trying one of them at home so our bar wifi is not to blame. The company's technical department could not give me an answer either and according to the installer this has never happened before. Yeah, right! Google gives no answers either.

Anybody any experience of these terminals?

Setup in the bar is BT Business broadband coming through a modem to a PC running PFSense router OS to three Ubiquity AC-LR's. Completely stable and can cope with the extremely high turnover of devices we can get coming through.

Please someone help me before I tear what little hair I have left out!

0 REPLIES 0