cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Micro Query

Raymo

I have recently purchased a second hand BT Micro system for my new business. Once I received it I tested the system at home to ensure it worked - It did.

A week later BT installed the phone line in my office and I plugged the system in as per the instructions and it didn't work.

Each time I try to call it says the line is busy. I've got a feature phone (which came with the system) and a featureline from BT. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works.

On the feature phone there is a red light to indicate either if a message has been left, the phone is ringing or the phone is in use. This light is permanently on and I’m assuming that this has something to do with the problem.

Can anyone help me please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DazzaSlayer

Hi Raymo

I have seen this issue before and believe I can help J

The red light on your feature phone indicates that there is a message in the voicemail box - probably from the last time it was used (2nd hand unit). On the feature phone, press the message key, it will prompt you for the mailbox. The diamond that is black will be the one with a message. Try default password of 1111, then #, then just follow the prompts to listen /delete etc.

As for the busy tone, this means that it is not picking up the line when you want to dial. The default is to require you to press 9, but you can change this if you wish. It is useful to leave the 9 in if you have multiple extensions, so that the system knows you want to dial internally vs externally. If you want to skip the 9, press Program key, then select System Programming (1111 is default password), then System, scroll across until you get to Auto Line Selection, then switch to On.

If this does not work, it means that your line is not set correctly.

If using Featureline, make sure that this is selected in the system programming options as being On, but it is probably not worth using with the Micro, so you may be able to save a few quid on this.

Kindest Regards

Daz

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DazzaSlayer

Hi Raymo

I have seen this issue before and believe I can help J

The red light on your feature phone indicates that there is a message in the voicemail box - probably from the last time it was used (2nd hand unit). On the feature phone, press the message key, it will prompt you for the mailbox. The diamond that is black will be the one with a message. Try default password of 1111, then #, then just follow the prompts to listen /delete etc.

As for the busy tone, this means that it is not picking up the line when you want to dial. The default is to require you to press 9, but you can change this if you wish. It is useful to leave the 9 in if you have multiple extensions, so that the system knows you want to dial internally vs externally. If you want to skip the 9, press Program key, then select System Programming (1111 is default password), then System, scroll across until you get to Auto Line Selection, then switch to On.

If this does not work, it means that your line is not set correctly.

If using Featureline, make sure that this is selected in the system programming options as being On, but it is probably not worth using with the Micro, so you may be able to save a few quid on this.

Kindest Regards

Daz