cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT putting up barriers to exit

paddymullaney

Has anyone had  trouble with BT making it difficult to leave. We had featurelines, which they would not port, without converting them to pstn.

No they have converted them, they did have a divert on them to our new telephone system. Thye have though withdrawn this becaue a port has been requested.

I have raised several complaints, but they are refusing to divert calls. This is something we can mamnage during the day, but we have a 24 hour telephone servuice, which usually diverts to mobiles, but now does not. We have at least a week of this. I have been told if I take the port request off then they will put the divert on.

I have no way forward having raised complaints. 

I have looked at hardware solutions to see if I can manage it with desktop phone, but no luck.

Any thoughts or suggestions even if you think they maybe unlikely would be welcome.

Paddy

5 REPLIES 5

HowsThat
Power User

Hi Paddy,

Ok FeatureLine is a BT only product and cannot be sold by a 3rd party.  To port a number BT would have to convert the line to a standard PSTN line which can be ported, which you say has been done.

Openreach are in charge of porting numbers and adding line features, etc. but they will only deal with one thing at a time.  You can put basic forwarding on a PSTN line (to a single number) but since you have already requested to port the number it cannot be added.  To get it added you would have to stop the port and request the divert (forwarding) to be added.  Watch out for any long term contract being added when you add the divert!

Once forwarding has been added you can re-request the number port which is likely to take 4 weeks.

I hope this helps.

Stuart

paddymullaney

But forwarding was on there and they took it off.

HowsThat
Power User

Hi Paddy,

Was the call forwarding on the Featureline service or the PSTN?

Stuart

paddymullaney

it was always on featureline, then they put one on the pstn. They took it off when the port was raised

HowsThat
Power User

If it was added to the PSTN and was working before the port request was submitted it should still be there.  A port request should not effect any live services.

If it was removed do you know who requested it to be done?

However it does not really matter since if it is not there yet they will have to refuse the port (plus you cancel) it, add the forwarding again, then start the port request again.