cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving House and Taking Over Line?

Kelso_SanDiego

Hello

We are just moving house and in the new house the people that had it before have paid the phone line up until April - would they have to disconnect and would we have to register a new line? We thought we might just be able to change the name as the account holder to me but I'm not sure if it’s possible?

Would anyone have more info on this?

Thanks

Kelly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Kelly

The answer would all depend on exactly what you are taking over. If you are taking over the premises but you have a brand new business then it would need a different account. If you are taking over the business and you just want your name on the account, we should be able to sort that through secure validation – so you would likely need the existing owner to contact us to sort everything. I would recommend speaking with our Customer Options Team on 0800 800 152 to discuss your options, and depending on your circumstances they should be able to advise you as appropriate 🙂

Any further questions about that just ask away 🙂

~Ryan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Kelly

The answer would all depend on exactly what you are taking over. If you are taking over the premises but you have a brand new business then it would need a different account. If you are taking over the business and you just want your name on the account, we should be able to sort that through secure validation – so you would likely need the existing owner to contact us to sort everything. I would recommend speaking with our Customer Options Team on 0800 800 152 to discuss your options, and depending on your circumstances they should be able to advise you as appropriate 🙂

Any further questions about that just ask away 🙂

~Ryan