cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Phone line or Broadband for 3 weeks!

falcoflash

Hi guys, 

Hoping you can help with an issues I'm having. Been advised to move the thread over to here, please see the attached link to get up to speed with my issue.

https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-broadband/No-Phone-line-or-Broadband-for-3-weeks/m-p/2028461...

3 REPLIES 3

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Falcoflash

Sorry for the late reply - just had a read through that thread on the residential forums. Have you already spoken to us over the phone/chat about this?

Basically, if there is an active line there at the premises I am unsure why an internal engineer was needed in the first instance - as a working line takeover should have been all that was required, keeping the same number you had before. If that number is still active, what we should be able to do is just take that over for you and try to get you up and running ASAP. Having said that, I am not really in a position to make any guarantees, as by line of business wouldn't really fall under the ordering/sales side of things - but if you haven't already I would recommend speaking to one of our sales team on 0800 800 152 - you can also get them on livechat which might be quicker for you - if there is anything that can be done on a sooner timescale than you have been quoted by the other provider, then they will be the people to let you know what's going on.

Additionally, if all you need is a broadband connection then they might be able to supply mobile broadband, which runs off the 4G in the area. I understand that is no help at all when it comes to the phoneline, but it would at least give you a connection in the meantime until that can be sorted.

I do sincerely hope you are able to sort something with this! I undersatnd it is a very difficult situation to be in.

Regards

Ryan

falcoflash

Thanks for getting back to us Ryan!

We have been in touch on 0800 800 152 but was told there was nothing that could be done as an engineer needed to sort the problem. We explained we had a perfect line until we were cut off our previous supplier and we were 99% sure the fault was at the exchange.

We then tried again via your live chat and the operative we were dealing with could easily sort this issue out and let Open Reach know it's an issue that can be solved without entering our property. However as we aren't a BT customer, only our previous ISP could file the job with Open Reach.

We went back to our original supplier (Origin) and explained this, but were told as our contract with them was cancelled it was nothing to do with them. 

So we're stuck with no one wanting to take us on and our previous supplier not wanting to know. 

We'd really love to sign up with BT but are told you're not taking new customers on if they need 'setting up'. 

Is there no way you can pass this info onto one of your colleagues to give a more manual approach rather than the computer at the call center saying it's impossible to be done?

It’s just a little hard to explain all this to someone at your call center, think it would be easier for someone to read these threads to get caught up.

Really appreciate any help you can offer.

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Falcoflash

With this one, I am assuming that the issue is that we are seeing that an engineer needs to access the property in order to install the service. That should only be the case if your existing line has fully ceased off. If it is still an active line then a working line takeover should be able to be carried out without any set up internally.

If, however, the line indeed has completely ceased - then I'm not sure anything can be done. The issue is that the Openreach engineer policy just now is that they are not going into customers premises. So if that is necessary, I'm afriad there may be no way around that - other than the mobile broadband solution.

If you PM me the number of your existing line, I can certainly try to speak to the relevant departments for you - they may advise me the same as you have already been advised, but I can certainly try for you.

Regards

Ryan