cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re wrongly applied termination fees

arfinn

I just posted this but it seems to have disappeared, so here it is again.  My profile says I have 1 post but it shows as 'no posts'...

Here is a short version of my saga...

I had two land lines with Featureline and Infinity fibre broadband on one.  In April BT Local Business Sales persuaded me to switch to two new Cloud phones retaining the same phone numbers.  I was told that I needed a new number for broadband so that the Featureline could be cancelled, this was installed with just a new connection box added to the existing wiring.  I was told by sales that there were to be no termination charges as I was not leaving BT but simply upgrading.

The new phones are fine, the new broadband is fine but Billing have since taken £384 on each of the phone accounts and £605.24 on the broadband account.  My sales rep has assured me that as well as these charges being wrong there is apparently some other charge to do with installation that should not be there - I don't have the details of this one.

Since April there have been many conversations and emails with sales, including a conference call with sales and billing and many assurances that this will be sorted and refunded but BT continues to take the money by Direct Debit.  This has caused me a great deal of stress as well as interest lost on the money taken from my account.  I have not yet put in a formal complaint but I'm getting close to doing this.  Has anybody any suggestions of what is best to do to recover my lost money, now almost £1400.00 ?

2 REPLIES 2

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi arfinn

Very sorry to hear about all the trouble you have had with this! If a sales agent or billing agent has advised you the charges are in error then really they should be getting those credited back to you - so I am unsure why this has not happened. I would say your best bet with this one is to make a complaint. I would recommend getting in touch with the billing team directly on 0845 600 6156 to do that, as ultimately they are the only team that would really deal with credits etc.

I hope you can get this one sorted ASAP!

Regards

Ryan

arfinn

It's taken a while but the bulk of the wrongly applied payments are back in the bank except for one item related to a closed account which was paid back by cheque.  I'm still waiting for a cheque made out to the correct payee, maybe next week?  

During a 90 minute phone call I managed to find my way to a helpful and understanding BT employee who had the status to sort it out and did so, over the phone whilst emails went to and fro explaining things.  

I struck lucky I suppose as prior to that no-one had done anything and most did not seem to understand the situation.  There is still some ongoing confusion but the credits have come through with a little compensation.