cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with a complaint and financial loss

Aud57

Hello,

Would someone be able to help me?

I signed an order with BT on 12th Jan, 24th Jan first engineer visits but says its a two man job so leaves. As soon as he leaves, main business phone line goes down. 

A second engineer visit was then booked on 26th Jan he visits, says he cant complete job as its two man job! He also said that he didnt think that what we had been sold would work in our business! We told the engineer to leave it then and we will stay with Virgin.

Phone lines still down, no-one at BT can sort it because line wasn't installed, we had some uncertainy over the package sold, and had had two engineer visits that were pointless.

A further four times following that conversation with the engineer, we contacted BT and said we still wanted to go ahead with the order but needed them to send two engineers to our site for the job, each time we spoke another engineer visit was booked in with confirmation by text and email. Each time, no-one showed up.

On the 8th Feb, just over two weeks later with no business phone lines we rang Virgin and told them to take back the line. It was at this point we discovered that the reason for the engineer no shows was because Openreach had it down as a cancelled order and had no intention of returning since the 26th Feb.

The loss of a phone line in to a hairdressing salon for two weeks made a huge financial impact and now BT have closed our complaint saying that because we havent actually placed the order with them, they will not consider the complaint or any sort of reimbursement.......!

HELP 

Spoiler

Spoiler

5 REPLIES 5

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Aud57

I'm very sorry all this happened. Our team can look further into this for you now if you use this secure form to give us more details of the complaint to be investigated for you.

Markp

Aud57

Hi,

I can do this but as I have already completed this same form a number of times, I am not sure what it will achieve?

Many thanks

Audrey

Aud57

As expected, completed the form for the third or fouth time.....absolutely nothing back from BT!

I need a deadlock letter now from you, I have no alternative than to contact the Ombudsman.

Many thanks

Audrey

HighamDisgusted
Sorry to tell you but I have been in dispute with BT since Christmas. Keep getting promise and assurance again and again! Just need them to disconnect a phone & broadband service as no longer at premises THIS year!!!! Phone still working but new occupants not us at premises. No idea of identity of them, no connection. BT told several times. Keep given RUN AROUND by BT with assurance Phone will be disconnected within couple of hours OVER three months now and dozens of phone calls & emails and hard copy letters to BT without results. Lots of apparent sincere apologise from BT staff on phone! Surprised they say and promise of help. NO ANOTHER word from them. Disgusting corporate service and passed to OFCOM now out of desperation to finalise.

HighamDisgusted