cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATA Adapter set up, where do i get BT Log in details?

slali75

Hi, I need some assistance to set up Grandstream HT812.

My  Restaurant EPOS system relies on caller ID to bring up customer details etc…

My current setup –

BT Fibre broadband +Halo and Voice Express cloud with Yealink W60B Base W56H phone.

BT Sales did not mention that I may have issues with my EPOS when they sold me the product.

After I transferred from Plusnet to BT I had numerous issues. I was without phone connection for 2 days as my main restaurant number did not port in time from plusnet. In those 2 days I couldn’t do call divert as BT didn’t have the number yet. When it did, I couldn’t use the supplied Yealink phone because that wasn’t setup to work out of the box as the instructions suggested, instead had to divert calls to a mobile before that issue was resolved.

My current headache is the restaurant EPOS system relies on caller ID and is not compatible with the BT Voice Cloud Express.

After numerous calls and being passed on from department to department, finally somebody from BT Sales suggested I needed an ATA adaptor which will convert the current digital line to analogue which should work with my existing phone / EPOS system. This was also recommended by my EPOS supplier.

OK so I now have an ATA adapter, It’s seems easy to install and there are helpful setup guides on YouTube. All I needed was some SIP credentials i.e. server details and log in user id and password etc.. from BT. But again BT cannot provide these details.

The info I need :

Primary SIP Server:

Outbound Proxy:            

SIP user id

Authenticate ID

Password

Name

Profile Id

Request URI Routing ID

Can anybody help with above info?

Thanks

Syed

7 REPLIES 7

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi slali75

I'm sorry to hear about the issues following the order for Halo + CVE. Are you still having issues? I have just spoken to the CVE team who have advised the best course of action would be to look to revert you back to a normal phone line if the EPOS system requires it.

If you're still having problems, please message me privately so I can get some details from you and get this looked into.

Beth

^BethM

mrsguan44

Hi, I have the same problems with BT cloud voice express, and i seeked help from the professinal person, they advised me to get a ada adator from BT, i was have the same situation, there are no one in the department know this, and after several calls, they told me ata adator is not suitable for cloud voice express, i am still waiting for bt to resolve my problems, can you share your experience if you have solved the problems please. 

JohnP3

We have had a problematic installation as well at our Heritage railway.
I won't dwell on the problems.
I had  thought that the Greenport on the SH2 would supply analogue services for legacy extensions phones and the alarm system  but was told it does not.
So I have now bought  a Linksys ATA to go with the  BT Yealink W73P.
My W73P has its handset registered and is advertising it self to the SH2 as W73P but has non of the following config information setup is present on the base station

Primary SIP Server:

Outbound Proxy:            

SIP user id

Authenticate ID

Password

Name

Profile Id

Request URI Routing ID

I will need the same  config for the  ATA.

This  line is my test bed its our  first Plusnet - BT  migration and should have been less problematic than our future  Business/Epos  line and  our other station's workshops/Offices/Shop  line.

We have an OpenReach engineer booked for  Thursday morning, but if anyone can supply the  SIP config I would be very grateful.

JohnP

Hi! BethM

I also have problem with my Oyster Top up Machine(only take analog phone line).

can BT revert me back to normal phone line(just change to Fully fibre broadband with digital phone line last Tues 10/10/2023, i don't mind pay extra.

I had been told the router have ATA build in but doesn't work on my Oyster Top up Machine

I did call up BT but seem no one know what to do or advice me?

or where can i get Primary SIP Server? SIP ID? SIP PASSWORD? 

BethM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Kt201

I will need more information to look into this. Can you please send me a private message with some account details.

^BethM

Hi BethM, 

I have the same issue. I changed from wire landline to digital one( by cloud voice) the issue I got is my EPOS system was relied on caller ID. I ordered an ATA adapter from bt but it has not solved my problem yet. I tried to contact bt but they just transfer me from department to department. 

ahmad 

Hi Ahmad,

I am sorry about the poor experience. If you can privately message me I will take your business account details and assist you. Can you send me over 

Your Full name

Contact mobile number 

Company name

Business Account number

Business Telephone number

Full Address including Postcode

I can then call you and with a PIN sent by text gain access to your account. Thank you, Adam