cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1571 / call minder text alerts

chrispuxley

I have text alerts set up on my home phone to let me know when I have a new message on BT Answer 1571.

I have recently moved into new premises and now have a Featureline - I can follow the menu options in Call Minder to 'link' a mobile but then I get a recorded message saying my mobile is already linked to another number.

Surely it must be possible to receive Text Alerts from more than one phoneline? Can I be the only person who wants to do this? It is impossible trying to make myself understood to the people on the Call Minder helpdesk.

Hope someone can help!

Chris 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

steph
Grand Master

Hi Chris,

If you have a look at the Call Minder User Guide (opens a .pdf file) and go down to page 12 it gives you info on how to set the text alert service up, but it also says that "it is not possible to link your mobile number to more than one  messaging mailbox at any one time."

I am sorry about this.

Steph

BT Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

steph
Grand Master

Hi Chris,

If you have a look at the Call Minder User Guide (opens a .pdf file) and go down to page 12 it gives you info on how to set the text alert service up, but it also says that "it is not possible to link your mobile number to more than one  messaging mailbox at any one time."

I am sorry about this.

Steph

BT Forum Moderator

chrispuxley

Thanks for the speedy reply. It isn't something that seems technically difficult so it is a shame it cannot be implemented...

How can I unlink my mobile from my home 1571 so I can set it up at work?

Regards,

Chris 

steph
Grand Master

Check page 13 of that userguide, it gives guidelines on how to unlink your mobile from the mailbox.

Let me know if it worked.

Steph

BT Forum Moderator

johnsw

I have both personal and business landlines in my house and need to be notified somehow of new messages for both. (Callminder seems kind of useless to me without this - guessing whether I've got a new message unless I go pick up the phone).

Since I only have one mobile how to do I do this? Why can you only register a mobile with one callminder number?

If that's the case, is there some other way to get notified - eg by email?

If not, can you think of some fiddle like registering a number from some funky Internet service that emalates a mobile phone?

I really hope there's a way - callminder is useless to me without notification.

John