cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional business line with same number ?

PhilT

We have an office with a single BT business line with Featureline Compact. This line has ADSL broadband from a 3rd party. I've heard urban myths about Featureline being incompatible with broadband, but it works in this case and others I'm aware of.

Due to expansion we need a second line. We would like this to be on the same number for incoming calls using a hunt group or auxiliary working or whatever. As we have Featureline compact this presumably can handle a hunt group and internal transfers between lines ?

If there is a problem with the broadband and achieving what is required, can this be explained please. I'm a total anorak and therefore don't see why what I assume are software changes to the exchange switch should be affected (or vice versa) by an ADSL splitter on the line adding a broadband signal.

Phil 

4 REPLIES 4

Andy75
Power User

Hi Phil,

Yes feature line compact is compatible for broadband use. 

I will need to find out more information in regards to the expansion and using Hunt group etc...I will post again once i have that information.

BT Forum Moderator

Andy

Andy75
Power User

Hi Phil,

Although Featurelines are compatible with broadband, if there is Hunt Group working on the line, then it is not compatible with broadband. So if you get a new line and put Hunt Group working on both lines you would not be able to have broadband on the same lines.

However, what you can do is get a second Featureline and use the call divert feature to act as a hunt group. For instance, you can set up the current line to divert to the new line if it is busy, which would act in the same way as a hunt group. You would still be able to run broadband over both lines.

BT Forum Moderator

Andy

Message Edited by Andy75 on 22-05-2009 04:04 PM

mkamara

Is it possible to have secound number on an existing line?

HowsThat
Power User

The short anser is yes but it will depend on what type of line it is and what you are trying to achieve.  If you PM me with the phone number in question and the address it is installed I will have a look for you.