cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation of Phone Number

Nitram

I am setting up a new business which is due to open in the next 4 weeks but I will only get the keys to my premises in about 3 weeks time.  I have contacted Business sales today to order a phone line and broadband and asked if I could be provided with the number before the actual installation to enable be to order printed stationary, signage and advertising but was told that it is not possible to allocate a number until the line is activated.  Surely in this age of technological advancement it can't be that difficult to allocate a number when the line is ordered!!  Can anyone please help? 

4 REPLIES 4

chrisbtlbnewcas
BT Partner
BT Partner

I'm afraid that, even if the number was available today, BT will not guarantee that you will get that number until the line is installed and confirmed working. It minimises exposure to a potential claim for finanical loss - if you went and printed a number on your stationery and then found on the day of installation the number was different, the first thing that you would do was file a complaint and ask that BT cover your printing costs - I know I would. This policy of not guaranteeing the number until install protects BT from this sort of exposure.

BT Local Business Newcastle

Jordan

Unfortunatly Chris is right. However, if you had a number in mind, you could speak to the Business Sales team and they can "Reserve" the number for you. Business Sales - 0800 800 152.

Thanks,

Jordan

zarajw33

How long can someone reserve a number for?

We have a business we have taken over and renovated - a restaurant and some one else has reserved the number it has had for the last 20 years ! and we have been told there is no way of finding out who or getting the number back. Is there anything we can do? All adverts/website - everything has the number on it already.

Thanks

HowsThat
Power User

Hello,

If you bought the business you would normally also buy the assets including the phone number.  Did someone cancel the phone line that the business number was on?

If you PM me the number in question, the address of the business, your name and contact number I will do some checking for you.

Kind regards,

Stuart