cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT 2100 not ringing (through Versatility system)

aycechris

Hi hope someone can help as can't find the answer anywhere.

At my office we have a BT Versatility system, but we have some old BT DECT phones (twin) in stores which is plugged into an extension. Everything is fine, but we wanted to replace the old dect phones with new BT 2100 Twin.  We plugged these in to the extension that the old ones were in and everything works as it should apart from when calls come through to the 2100 handsets, neither the handset nor the base actually make a ringing sound. The handsets flash and show an incoming call but no sound.

We have tried the 2100 handsets in different extensions in the office and get the same issue.  But the handsets work fine when plugged directly into a master telephone socket.

Is it just a fact that the 2100 are not compatible with the Versatility Switch System or is there something we can do to get them to ring?  If they are not compatible then does anyone know how to find out which founds would be compatible or not?

Obviously we have checked that the ringer is on, DND is off and volume is up etc etc.

Any help/ideas welcome.

Thanks

Chris

1 REPLY 1

ian1gail

I have only had this once before in 8 years. I guess its a compatability problem. The only check I can think to make is check for a capacitor in the line jack. Some telephones have a built in capacitor so the ones you have been testing may have this.

The capacitor will be a yellow cylinder in rhe lju.

Colin.