cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Micro - Help

VikkiGabbitas

I have recently purchased a second hand BT Micro system for my new business. Once i received it i tested the system at home to ensure it worked - It did.

A week later BT installed the phone line in my office and i plugged the system in as per the instructions and it didn't work.

Each time i try to call it says the line is busy. I've got a feature phone (which came with the system) and a featureline from BT. I've tried everything i can think of but nothing works.

On the feature phone there is a red light to indicate either if a message has been left, the phone is ringing or the phone is in use. This light is permanently on and i'm assuming that this has something to do with the problem.

Can anyone help me please?

3 REPLIES 3

steph
Grand Master

Hi VikkiGabbitas,

I have never come across this sort of problem before, but my advice would be to call the Featureline helpdesk on 0870 513 3399. They deal with technical queries and also could advise on the Featurephone. They are often able to diagnose the problem on the line from their end.

Cheers,

Steph

BT Forum Moderator

ihesketh

I have just noticed your comments.

You should not be using BT featureline with the BT micro product.

(Featurephone and Featureline are not for the same service).

A standard analogue line is compatible with the BT micro equipment.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Watching out for innocent lambs being led to the ** slaughter.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

steve4554

Hi,

Remember a featureline requires you to dial 9, and the micro requires you to dial 9, so you would need to dial 9,9, to make an external call!

Featurline is not ideal for the micro but it should work.

Steve