cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Quantum

baldrick69

We used to have a BT Versatility system which allowed us to answer any ringing extension by dialling 727.  Now we have "upgraded" to BT Quantum we can't do that anymore.

I'm told the equivalent is 726 plus the extension number.  So there's no three digit code for any ringing extension then???

Anyway, 726221 does not pick up extension 221.  Is it 221, 2, 21, or some other way of identifying an extension?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

osullipm
Administrator
Administrator

I'll check but in the meantime;

Have you programmed names against the extensions, so the name and not the number is displayed when the extension is rung?

There are 2 ways to check, log into the system and check the extension number against the name, or in this particular case actually dial 221 to see if the extension rings.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

osullipm
Administrator
Administrator

If you're trying to pick up a call ringing at another extension, try this;

• On a BT systemphone from the Idle menu, select Call Pick-Up on the display and select

or dial the extension number the call is ringing at.

• On a BT 8528 systemphone, Q DECT telephone, Q phone or a compatible standard

telephone, to use Call pick-up dial 726 followed by the extension number.

The user guide can be found on Help at http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19083/c/2671,3822,3829,3823

baldrick69

Yes, thanks, I've read the manual.  

726 followed by the extension doesn't work - it just gives a busy tone.  Our handsets are BT 6110 as supplied when we had the Versatility system - could that be the reason?

osullipm
Administrator
Administrator

I'll check but in the meantime;

Have you programmed names against the extensions, so the name and not the number is displayed when the extension is rung?

There are 2 ways to check, log into the system and check the extension number against the name, or in this particular case actually dial 221 to see if the extension rings.

osullipm
Administrator
Administrator

Hi, the phones are okay so it's not that.

baldrick69

Thanks, we've got it working.

Would be nice if there was an 'answer any' code like we had with BT Versatility but we can live separate entries for answering extensions.

osullipm
Administrator
Administrator
I'm glad you've got it working. If it's OK with you, I'll amend the title of this post to say "BT Quantum Call Pick up" as it might help other customers with similar problems.

alphasunray

hi does the bt quantum have a cdr client output? thanks 

ade1952

can I givean  extension ring priority son it rings before others