cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT blocking porting away to new provider when using featureline

paddymullaney1

Has anyone experienced prolems porting away from BT when they are using feature lines. 

My new provider cannnot get the port granted, as it is being refused somewhere between Openreach and BT. 

When I speak to BT, they will not investigate it, saying it cannot be true. The new provider has sent through the portal screen shot showing thet 

"this has been rejected as the associated numbers are Equinox numbers, which BT can't port - in order to port the main billing number you'll need to contact the current provider to see if they'll split the MBN from equinox numbers, otherwise were unable to put thisport through." (thats from the team at Simwood.)

BT point blank refuse to entertain the notions it is them, so I am stuck in the middle with no obvious way out. 

Any thoughts would be welcome. 

Paddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there Paddy,

I have been speaking to a colleague about your issue, as it is not my area.  The problem porting a featureline is that, featureline is a BT retail product not an Openreach product. 

To get the number ported you would need to speak to out customer options (cancelations) team, to get them to downgrade the Featureline to a standard phoneline, this will allow it to be ported away.

Regards

Markp

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there Paddy,

I have been speaking to a colleague about your issue, as it is not my area.  The problem porting a featureline is that, featureline is a BT retail product not an Openreach product. 

To get the number ported you would need to speak to out customer options (cancelations) team, to get them to downgrade the Featureline to a standard phoneline, this will allow it to be ported away.

Regards

Markp

paddymullaney1

Unfortunately, when I have spoken to that team, they said this is not posible without extending the contract by a minumum of 12 months. 

Also they refuse to acknowledge that the problem exists at all. 

Regards

Paddy

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Paddy,

I would advise to go back to them and request to speak to a manager to get it sorted for you, you wont  of been the first person with this sort of issue and there will be a process they will follow to get it done.

Markp

paddymullaney1

Thanks Mark. I have requested to speak to a manager (3 times), but have not been allowed to, either they were busy or a promised return calls was not followed up.

This really goes to the heart of the problem, in that, I have not been able to contact anyone who acknowledges the problem, or realises the need to take it further. 

Paddy

markp
Grand Guru

Hi Paddy, I am sorry it seems you are going round in circles, I have sent you a private message if you can have a read of this to try and get this resolved for you.

Markp

paddymullaney1

Thank you - I have some progress - a GC14 Complaint and reference. 

paddymullaney1

I have been contacted by BT today, who have advised that they still maintain the problem lies with the new teleco not being able to take a featureline, and that they have no discretion to changed the line to a normal pstn line without extending the contract by 24 months. Strangely, I was previously advised that this was 12 months. I was also previously advised that there was absolutely no way the featureline made any difference to the port. I find them to be quite inconsistent in the conversations I have, for instance the always try to sell me their voip solution when they call. 

I have asked them for written reasons, but no one has been in a position to send them. This seems a little odd to me, as I am not believed when I report outcomes of prior conversation. I raise these points here, just in case someone knows a way of cutting though this bureaucracy and getting the matter dealt with (I am on another 5 day SLA for the escalation)

Thanks

Paddy