cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT cloud phone is not suit for every business , it's just kill your business

Winnercity
Im running the business as restaurant, I got 2 phone lines &1 broadband to use . Suppose I'm using some compared price telecom co.but if the line come up some problem it's will take couple of day to respond. So I'm try to back to BT hope it's will be provide the good services. When I enquiry that 2 phone lines &1 broadband package the salesman only recommended the cloud phone system. I'm just running the small business of course haven't got any I.T department . When I'm ordered the cloud phone its started to charge that moment I'm haven't got the phones yet, and that is the new system I never know . After the phone was arrived ,I'm try to book the training to set up the phones , its such as set my business number into the cloud phone ( diverted the numbers ) . But I try to book the training it's show all week not available , so I only can get 10 days later training. Fortunately , I'm switch to BT early than the old telecom co contract end date. But BT only can provided 1/2 hour on that day to set up . In that set up procedure it seem like a nightmare, they took all the steps just like how to set the business hour we use the phone , finally the 1/2 hour gone at the end I found out their setting have NO same date got 2 different opening time . It's waste my time also the training was end , because the training time was end they got another booking , I'm also need to fetch my children in school that the first training end. At the end I'm found out the leaflet from BT web , then I'm can setting the original phone numbers at the end . When our staff received the phone call through the cloud phone they always complaint that appeared some interfering ( I found out that because when you got a phone call when you have conversation with the customer at that moment if another call ring in that have some beeping sound go in to my phone) also if anybody ring in it will be at lease 3 seconds delay it's means every calls when the customer ring it's not immediately the phone will ring. And our staff also complaint some phone calls when they talking with customer it appeared some interfering it's just like talking under the water, so our staff needs the customers repeat their order.
By the way above its not the most worse thing in that festive season suppose is very busy month in December . On the night of 7th December 2016. I'm just wondering why have NO phone call for the take away & booking ? So before we are open I'm checked the phone lines it's cannot name any phone call & some customers left the messages said they would like book the table or takeaways , the calls just direct to the message system or said no one can take your call ( it's the BT cloud phone system message if the call rang longer than about 1& 1/2 minute this message will automatically come up , but at this case it's when the customers call my number it come straight away )
So I use my mobile phone app to checked the speed of the broadband it's show the broadband only got 30 Kbps speed, that why the phone not working , then I need wait another date the engineer came to fix the line, but I can told everybody on that night I'm lost about 80% sale . Also sometime my credit card was not working.
On the following days I try to ring the support team , but it's all my setting just can make 1 phone work . I'm wait until 13/12/2016 the support team to mended the speed of broadband speed , but I'm totally lost the confidence for this phone , by now today is 21/12/2016 . I'm only use 1 phone working , another phone I just leave it because I don't want the only phone going to dead .
I did complaint to BT the staff IMP complaint number , they said it will take 4-5days have some staff reply my complaint or give me the response , but it's not , I just want to switch back to normal phone lines &broadband , the staff said I need to pay another £100 connection fee & termination fee for 21 months (the plan was 24 months contrate) I'm only can use around 1 month time .
P.S starting the cloud phone I need to paid around £286 (included £100 connection fee 2 very bad quality cloud phone handsets & delivery & router delivery ) plus the every month charge bundle services £16 2 licences £26 phone service £21.80 .
Also the BT never concern your business , they only will take their BT own business .
1 REPLY 1

HowsThat
Power User

I am sorry to read about the issues that you have had with the BT Cloud service.

There are ways to provide what you want quickly and easily with the flexibility to work correctly even if your Internet connection goes down with services like BT Cloud which is a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) service.

To get a better understanding of how VoIP works please view this short animation:

http://tptele.com/videos/voip-up-to-date-telecoms-for-the-global-village.html

You can even add call recording which is great when you need to double check a customers order.