cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call from "BT" offering better deal - scam?

WeeMo

I am on a committee for a local community association. We run a community centre and have a business account with BT. Today I got a call at our centre from Ibrahim who was checking we were happy with our bills or could he do anything to help. He asked if we had broadband and when I answered that we didn't but would be interested he passed me to to Lewis Harmen.

Lewis offered a good deal with fibre optic broadband and 250 minutes of free calls for much the same price as we're paying just now just for our phone and I told him it sounded a good deal. That was when he asked for our sort code and account in order to seal the deal. I didn't have these details with me so he's going to call me again tomorrow.

I was then passed to Hannah who read out a list of terms and conditions before confirming I would be called tomorrow for bank details.

I'm not happy to give these details out, especially as we're already billed by BT so I'm thinking this is a scam?

1 REPLY 1

markp
Grand Guru

Hi there WeeMo

you are correct to contact us about this, what I would advise is to contact our sales team directly on 0800 800 152 and speak to them as if you all ready have an acocunt with BT we would not need to know your bank details.

Markp