cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Find Phone Socket

thehenley

Hi.

We have a number of BT Internet services at our business and believe it or not there is one which we are paying for BT Infinity however I cannot locate the phone socket associated with the phone number at the premises.

Last time an OpenReach engineer was onsite he could not determine where the socket was because when he tested it he said that it appeared that nothing was connected to it.

I was wondering what the best course of action would be, for instance would we have to pay for an OpenReach engineer to come out and trace the line?

Regards.

1 REPLY 1

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi thehenley

Sorry to hear you are having troubles with this! If you have already had an engineer out and they could not determine the location of it then this is definitely a strange one. If you have a landline handset you can plug it in to any phone sockets you see and dial 17070 and it should read your back the number. If you have no joy with that and you know the landline number it may be worth giving our tech team a call on 0800 800 154 so they can search and test the line for you to see if they can determine anything, and they should also be able to check if the address matches up.

As I say though it is an odd one! It could even be an issue where it is not completely installed perhaps?

Hopefully you have some joy with this, but any other questions you have just let me know!

~Ryan