cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer for 20+ years- poor service received!!

cawley1031

I don’t normally write in forums to vent my frustrations but the poor customer service I have received from BT in the past couple of months has led me here.

First of all my issue is concerning my business phone account, I have been over charged for a number of months due to a premium subscription not being removed from my account. I decided to give BT a call, I believe I got through to a call centre possibly in India. I discussed my account query and was advised someone would call me back.....two weeks later still no call back. So I attempted to call BT for the second time, again same script from customer service person, someone will call me back...no joy. A week later I decided to call BT again and asked to cancel my account, at this stage I was losing all confidence in this service. I managed to get connect to a call centre within the UK and someone was able to confirm I have been overcharged and acknowledged my account will be credited. I was further advised to deduct £72.00 from the bill I was due to pay. Great! so I thought...no. One week later I received a letter from BT stating I owe them £72.00. So I contacted BT again, stupidly I decided to go through the correct channels to the customer helpline and was connected to a nice chap from India, but as expected he was unable to assist me with this matter and gave me the usual script that someone will phone me back... I asked the nice chap to put me through to someone who can address this matter...I was informed this was not possible and his manager was busy.

A second letter arrives from BT stating I owe this amount and my line will be cut off! My partner then receives a call out of the blue from BT, advising we will receive a cheque of £124.00, so at this stage we think this matter has been addressed… No I was sadly wrong. We then receive a third letter from BT stating the line will be cancelled etc... I decide to lodge an official complaint via the BT website. Seven days pass by no response received. I decide to contact the BT customer service line requesting to leave. I was advised by a nice lady that my previous complaint has not been assigned on the system and she informed me someone will be in touch from their accounts team. My account has been put on hold and I was told not to worry you won’t get cut off.

One week later 14/09/2016 my telephone line has been cut off! I again…. phone BT cancellation team. I spoke to a helpful chap who listens to my concerns for what feels like the 100th time and then forwards me to someone from their accounts teams. This person from the accounts team looked in to the issue, and agreed I have been overcharged. He informs me my complaint is not on the system, I asked him will someone be in touch to discuss my complaint..he said I will get my manager to give you a call when he returns from his day off…(okay) He advised my account will be reconnected… but 3 hours later still no line.. I have seriously lost all hope in BT. I am now in the process of looking to change telephone providers. After 20 plus years being with BT I am disgusted with the lack of appropriate systems to resolve minor issues. I have wasted so much time and money making these calls and getting nowhere! (apologies if I ranted)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

markp
Grand Guru

Hi cawley1031

I am so sorry to see are having so many issues with your account and bills, If you can send me your account details and contact details and any references you have. I can contact the correct teams on your behalf to get it investigated for you.

Markp

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

markp
Grand Guru

Hi cawley1031

I am so sorry to see are having so many issues with your account and bills, If you can send me your account details and contact details and any references you have. I can contact the correct teams on your behalf to get it investigated for you.

Markp

cawley1031
Hi Mark

Is this forum private for me to post my number and account?

markp
Grand Guru

Hi cawley1031

don't post it on a reply, if you click on my name you can send me a private message which is secure.

Markp