cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do BT really know what they are doing?

Arctic-Polak

My business phones have been disconnected since Tuesday, I spoke to over 27 different  people from BT upto yesterday (Friday 4/5/12) Still no phones. I run a campsite and this weekend is one of the busiest of the year but not for me this year mainly due to BT's inadequacy. I logged onto the business page this morning to check for an update. Firstly the automated service does not understand "One Bill" accounts, secondly the telephone number printed on the bill lets you go through 4 stages of the automated service before telling you the opening hours. So finally lets look on the web site again he thinks, great 24/7 phone line  https://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/contact/cj_cat/3789#s=ImNhdD0zNzg5LDM3NjUsMzc2Nnxmb3JtX3N0YXRlPT...

only to go through another 4 stages of automated service to be read the opening hours. I have been back with BT for 18 months and in all that time I have had issues, too many to list. The Ombudsman is dealing with matters upto February 2012 but now we have a new fiasco. Is there anyone out there with similar issues or maybe its just me !Smiley Embarassed

3 REPLIES 3

tetrapackage
Power User

This is too bad. Did they tell you exactly want went wrong? It has something to do with their system that's for sure.

Seraphsailor
Grand Master

Not really - too many left hands not knowing what happening in the right hands.

Have a read of this lot - it might help:

http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/RegulatoryandPublicaffairs/Codeofpractice/index.htm

ktouati

Hi All,

Short answer: they have no clue whasoever what they are doing!!

our company stayed with no phone for 3 full days...then one technician said oh sorry it was a trigger that went down somehow. I was just told today that well OUR ISDN TEAM IS NOT CONTACTABLE this our POLICY!!! really even presidents are contactable why they're not..is it to stop people from doing business....i can go on and on listing real issues they have but I won't waste time and efforts and will just say:

I don't really understand how such bad customer service and technical skills company exists in UK!!