cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Even in this age BT takes 2 months to transfer phone connections.

PKN

I had put down a request for moving my existing phone line to another location(in London from E17 to SW16) on 26th of January. And guess what date BT comes up to transfer it, 2 months late in March. The house has an existing connection and it isn't even a new connection. And they still insist on me being a satisfied consumer and continue with them, with this crappy services.

I wouldn't assume BT employs hardworking people but blokes who do work in their sweet time it seems after having their beers for the day. And lousy alibis are given, Christmas orders are still pending, snow problems and stuff but snow was only for a week it seems and orders get pushed back by 2 months ? Some lousy service !! They maybe setting standards in lousy service.

And they say they will call me back, whenever I call up the customer service. But call never seems to come even after waiting for a week.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I am afraid there are delays on the installation of lines at the moment, and BT Business have put this up under common questions with Line Orders. This says :

We and all other telecom suppliers are suffering delays in providing broadband and lines to customers. This is because of high demand across the industry which is affecting Openreach - who install lines for all telecom companies. The bad weather hasn't helped either. This means we're experiencing longer lead times.

Openreach are working on a recovery plan to improve the situation. But we'll be in touch to confirm the actual date for installation of your service once we've run our checks.

I am really sorry for the experience you have both had trying to get information on your Business Moves.

PKN - I have sent you a private mail regarding the order number you supplied.

RKJ001 - If you can private mail me your Business Movers order Number I can ensure that someone is dealing with this and contacts you with details on the move orders.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I am sorry to read there is a delay in your Business Move. There would normally be a reason why there is a 2 month delay in establishing a phone connection at a new business site, if you private mail me your order details I can certainly have a look at the order and supply some information.

Kind Regards

Fiona

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

RKJ001

Absolutely agree. Moving business premises and have provided 4 weeks notice which I would have thought would be ample but apparently not. Shame BT isnt more transparent about its ability to deliver to customer requirements or expectations! Was promised a call back from the business movers team and didn't hear a thing. Probably on the 'too difficult pile'. Would it be the same service if it was a new installation I wonder?

Thought that BT had raised it's game. Apparently not. Excuse is it;s BT OpenReach's fault.

A very disappointed customer!

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

I am afraid there are delays on the installation of lines at the moment, and BT Business have put this up under common questions with Line Orders. This says :

We and all other telecom suppliers are suffering delays in providing broadband and lines to customers. This is because of high demand across the industry which is affecting Openreach - who install lines for all telecom companies. The bad weather hasn't helped either. This means we're experiencing longer lead times.

Openreach are working on a recovery plan to improve the situation. But we'll be in touch to confirm the actual date for installation of your service once we've run our checks.

I am really sorry for the experience you have both had trying to get information on your Business Moves.

PKN - I have sent you a private mail regarding the order number you supplied.

RKJ001 - If you can private mail me your Business Movers order Number I can ensure that someone is dealing with this and contacts you with details on the move orders.

Kind Regards

Fiona