cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel an Exchange Line Credit Scheme

mdowers

I have several BT accounts consolidated through OneBill with OnePlan discount on top, however, one of the accounts has a lingering Exchange Line Credit Scheme (ELCS) which I wish to remove as it then doesn't count towards OnePlan spending.

I have requested this of BT several times and on each occassion I am assured that the necessary changes will or have in fact been actioned, however, my bills keep coming out with quarterly ELCS discounts and then at the end of the OnePlan contract period I get a penalty charge for not having spent enough.

I have crawled BTs website for details of how to remove this, but the nearest I got was "termination must be in writing to the specified address" which they then do not provide. As usual there is no "call this number to amend ELCS".

Does anyone have any known contact details, or other solutions for this.

Regards

Malcolm Dowers

5 REPLIES 5

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Mr Dowers,

I'm sorry to see that you are having difficulty removing ELC from your account. You are correct in saying that ELC is not compatible with One Plan, so these ELC will have to have them removed in order to make the lines eligible for One Plan. You should be able to manage your OnePlan account HERE, you will need to register for this.

I hope this was of some assistance.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

mdowers

Hi Fiona,

Thanks for your reply, but no I cannot see anyway to remove ELCS myself from the OnePlan account website you indicated. In fact I can see very little information there of any use what so ever, to be honest it seems just like a load of tailored sales blurb to me (yes I did create and account and login).

What I am looking for ideally is the email address or direct telephone number for the ELCS department.

Regards

Malcolm Dowers

Tracey
Guru

Hi Mdowers,

We have looked into this further for you and the ELCS will indeed need to be removed from the line for the line to become eligible for Oneplan. In order to have this removed from your line you would need to contact the Sales team who should be able to enable this. Once the ELCS has been removed from your line, we can add the line to your network report and ensure that the Oneplan discounts are applied. 

Many thanks

Tracey

BT Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.

mdowers

Tracy,

I've been there (ie Sales) and done that several times (at least 3x now). Each time I spend 30-60 minutes being passed from piller to post, but eventually get to someone who claims to have either sorted it out on the phone whilst I wait or will do so shortly after. Nevertheless, my bills keep coming out with ELCS still there.

I can only conclude from this that they are bare faced lying, especially those who claim to have sorted it out there and then.

I repeat for what is hopefully the last time, is there an ELCS department with a DDI number I can contact?

Regards
Malcolm Dowers

Tracey
Guru

Hi,

I have sent a private message to your account.

Many thanks

Tracey

BT Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.