cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line installation never ending problems

WilliamsonsG

Where do I begin?

My business moved to a new location and we contacted BT Business in June 2016. We were told we could not take our numbers with us so agreed to new line installations, broadband and a cloud phone.

We had an intial installation date of 8th August between 8am and 1pm. I sat in out new office awaiting an engineers arrival. No arrival. No phone call. No email. No text.

New appointment arranged by me. 25th August between 8am and 1pm. Again sat and waited on engineer. No arrival. No phone call. No email. No text.

An engineer turned up on 1st September. Luckily someone was on site. He tried to complete work but left with out completing install. 

We then receive a message to say line has been installed and broadband will be working by 12th September.

12th September yes one working line and broadband. We were expecting two phone lines.

Get a call to say engineer coming to install next phone line 30th September. On the day a nice chap from Kelly Communications turns up tries to install but cant so he leaves.

No communication from BT Business to say what the problem is or when it will be fixed.

Wednesday 5th October broadband stops working. told to wait 48hrs. Broadband still not working. Still waiting on second phone line.

Today go on online chat with Ashina she tells me she cannot see any order on our ref for second phone line?!?!?! and she cannot help with broadband.

2 Minutes later she tells me an engineer will be out 11th/12th October to complete work.

Im not being funny but I have a business account with BT and paying for services I am not receiving...how can this be happening?

I have moved office and cant update my customers / suppliers with my new details as I dont know when they will be installed.

I also agreed to a bt cloud phone to port my old number over and this has taken over a month to complete (which is becoming the norm with BT)

All I want is a contact in Britain who can help with my situation ? Can anyone on here help?

Thanks,

Gareth

1 REPLY 1

HowsThat
Power User

Hello Gareth,

I am sorry to read about your issues.  What is a little alarming is that you have been sold a cloud phone and told that you cannot retain your phone number which is your main marketing asset!  The short answer is that you could retain your number.

I suggest that you speak to a quality independant supplier so that they can review your requirements and advise on the best solution for your business.

I can recommend http://www.tptele.com but you may want someone local to your business.

Best of luck,

Stuart.