cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BT8500 says there is no link to the base. The batteries have been replaced

Anner

4 REPLIES 4

SaintlyDeb

This has just happened to our phone too. 
I tried to re-register the phone as per the instructions in the User Guide. I tried this several times without success. 
I only bought the phone at the end of May, so it's just over 3 months old. 
Surely cannot be the batteries already? 

Help????

SaintlyDeb

Just to let you know I have resolved my problem. 
I turned the main power at the plug for 5 seconds and then switched on again. Also took the batteries out and put them back in again. 
Not sure which worked by I had to reset the date and all is OK now 🙂

andy757

I have just moved premises. The BT 8500 Call Guardian worked perfect at the last premises but does not work correctly at the new premises. I have saved numbers in the handset and Caller ID is switched on according to BT. However, whenever anyone calls they are intercepted by a message saying "calls to this number are being screened. Please announce yourself to be connected". This message appliues to every call made to our number, even stored numbers cannot get through.

Having called the BT help line, I got nowhere as they have no knowledge of the product. The line has been tested and is working fine.

I have done a factory reset on the main handset, removed all stored numbers etc and entered numbers back into the handset but we still have the same problem. Nobody can get through to us without having to announce themselves.

Is there anyone on here who can help because clearly BT can't or won't.

Lnajr02