cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One off charges... Useless Call Centre

MrJohnnyB

I have today, had a couple of calls to the call centre today (the first was mysteriously disconnected and eve though they asked for my mobile number I didn't get a call back!). The 2nd made some degree of sense, however, upon reviewing the website, me having to wait 7-14 working days clearly is unacceptable.

So the story goes like this... We have 4 lines in our business premises. One of which started crackling on use, so I got the number off the website and called the engineer, I was told that if there was an issue our end that we would be charged the engineers call out fee of £180. The issue was initially diagnosed as a line fault. The line engineer however, discovered that it was actually a system fault (Much waiting around for the line to be fixed - a few weeks minimum).

When the system engineer came back he said that as it was a system fault but that BT owned the system and he was unable to repair the system as they no longer have the parts but they would be able to replace our system and we would be no worse off - he actually said we would be better off. At no point was a £180 charge mentioned again...

So you can imagine my surprise when I receive my bill today to find a £180 (excluding VAT) charge applied to the account. The website says clearly that we should not be liable for such a charge, however, the call centre initially wanted to argue with me.

How can it make any sense that if we need BT to come and repair their equipment which they own, that we have to pay them £180+VAT? Plainly it does not. We are told that we would get an answer within 7-14 Days and if it is not charged then we will be entitled to a refund, but couldnt tell me if this would be payment back into our account or credit against our next bill.

Can I get a faster response than this please? It seems so obvious to me that we should not be paying this charge. We currently pay around £1,500 to £2,000 a year to BT so I do not think I would quibble if I was genuinely of the impression that it was due to be paid.

0 REPLIES 0