cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem still not resolved after four months

ecotexboss

Back in August 2010 we were called by our local BT Business representative about a quotation we had obtained for a telephone system. We were told that if we purchased the system and signed up for BT Broadband we could get the One Plan Plus Inclusive plan, which would cost £15.00 per month for unlimited calls to Local/National destinations, Mobile destinations, International, 0845/0870 destinations and 500 free minutes to a lesser phone line such as a fax line.

We thought this was too good to be true, so we asked about fair usage, and were told it was 5000 minutes per month per line, so four lines would mean 20,000 minutes. Could we share the minutes between the lines I asked, Yes came the reply. So we signed up.

The system was installed (a BCM 50 system) with three pairs of ISDN's, the engineer then said the BCM50 can only have two, but we wanted four lines plus a fax, No problem, the ISDN's come in pairs so you only need two anyway.

We then received a cancellation fee of £753.93 inc VAT for cancelling the one ISDN - Still not resolved

We then lost our main number twice, because BT thought we didn't need it anymore. After a frantic day of calls we finally got it back.

In November we were contacted by our local BT business and told because we spend more than £500.00 per week on calls, we need to go on the BT Business Plan Upgrade in order to get our bills to £200.00 per week. I told her our calls should not be costing £200.00 per month!

She was adamant that the system was telling her it was £500.00 per week, she even emailed me a contract to e-sign, I didn't sign the form, because I had worked out her mistake. She had included the cost of the telephone system £3800.00 with our call spend, hence the inflated figure.

I then got a series of letters thanking me for upgrading my call plan when I hadn't even signed the form!

Now its February, we owe BT £6823.82. Everytime we get a bill reminder, we call the BT Credit Management team, tell them the situation, and they put the bill on hold and give us a reference number.

I have letters of apology from our local BT Business and an internal investigation is going on. But I would like the matter resolving, it is very stressful and we wish we hadn't gone with BT.

1 REPLY 1

ecotexboss

Just to Update this post

The problem is still not resolved, despite having the Director of D2 Communications visit our office and admit to BT having made mistakes.

We are now considering legal action.