cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Residential to business switch - both landline and voip

mkearon54

Hi everyone,

really need some advice.

I've got a small business that I run from home.  It was originally set up and I used my VOIP number from my Homehub as my business line.  I've had this printed on flyers (250,000 of them) and it's all over the internet now, so I really need to keep this.  At this stage it was a fledgling business and I was not in a position to set up a business line for the business to fail and be stuck with a contract.  It's now come to the stage that it's keeping afloat, so I want to change to the business setup.  I've just set up a sister company of the original using the land line number, which I also now need to keep.  So.... my home office has 1 landline and 4 voip phones.  I will need this as a minimum.

I've spoken to customer services who have stated that the VOIP number is a 'virtual number' so I cannot keep this.  As you can see from above it's essential that I keep it.

Any ideas anyone?  Do i need to look to port to another provider?

Thanks in advance

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Mike

I think you would need to first talk to the Residential Team to see if you can Port the number to another service provider (BT Business or anyone else).

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi Mike

I think you would need to first talk to the Residential Team to see if you can Port the number to another service provider (BT Business or anyone else).

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.