cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versatility - Incoming calls disconnected

Blovegrove

Hi,

We have a BT Versatility system and this morning we have had trouble receiving incoming calls.  As soon as a call comes in the line light flashes green (as normal) then straight away goes red and disconnects.  All this happens in a fraction of a ring.

Outgoing calls work fine.

I have called BT who have said they will check the line but having to wait 45 minutes each time I call back I thought someone here may be able to shed some light for me?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

4 REPLIES 4

JohnE
Guru

There is a technical helpdesk for the Versatility sytem, if you haven't already done so, Contact Us

Blovegrove

Hi John,

Managed to get through and it appears as though it is a problem with the ISDN lines which is now being investigated.  We have a call divert in place so we can still receive calls.

Interestingly, we now have a 2-tone dial tone when trying external lines.  Any idea what this could be?

Cheers,

Ben

JohnE
Guru

I'm sorry, Ben.  that's not within the area of my expertise, I'm afraid.  It may be worth your while asking the Versatility helpdesk, it could be related to the issue they are investigating.  It's always a good policy to keep in touch with the helpdesk if you have a current issue, in any case.

Davel
Super User

Two tone dial tone signifies that the line is diverted!