cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual landline

SusannaMartin
I am aware that I can purchase a virtual telephone number from an independent company without need of a landline base/address. This number can relate to a cod area like 01323. But when we move to a permanent address we cannot use this virtual number as the landline through BT.
So my question is to ask if it is possible to purchase a e.g. 01323 phone number from BT and currently have all the business calls diverted to a mobile and when we have achieved a permanent address within the 01323 area can we then fix that same number to the property address and use it as a landline not virtual.
5 REPLIES 5

AnitaM
Administrator
Administrator

Hi SusannaMartin

- hoping you managed to get an answer to your query and sorted out your dilemma, but just in case you haven't, I've had some information passed to me about a product called BT Cloud Voice.

You can take any geographical area number you want e.g. you are based in Birmingham but want a London number, but you'd need BT Business Broadband in your current location (and this is where I'm unsure whether this product might help you). If you then do move premises, as long as there's BT Business Broadband at the new premises, the service is easily transferable.

If it’s something you’re interested in, take a look at the online BT Cloud Voice page or speak to Business Sales on 0800 800152 or get in touch with your BT Account Manager, if you have one.

Thanks for your post.  

flashsnaps

Hi Susanna,

Absolutely you can divert your virtual number to whereever you like.

I can help you will this, send me a pm.

Paul-Conway

Hello flashsnaps

I know this is an old forum, so apologies for leaping in so late. I also need to cease a line but afterwards have any calls to that number received on another line (which will also receive calls on it's own number too. BT used to offer an option for this, where each calling number had a different ring sound so you could distuinguish them (it isn't call divert, because the called line is actually ceased, it is only the number that BT used to continue to rent to the user). Do you know if that faciility is available?

Thanks

Paul

RyanJames
BT Employee
BT Employee

Hi Paul

You would be best contacting our Customer Options Team on 0800 800 152 - They would be best to advise you on this 🙂

Regards

Ryan

alexrozinek

Hi, I am looking for German DID numbers. If anyone can suggest a carrier or provide a German DID number, please let me know commenting below or contact on my Skype: live:madmaxxmad87