cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will call diverts be free if i divert them to a BT mobile?

patrickyuis

The past few months i have recieved a bill of over £150+ per month, with 90% of the charges coming from call diverts.

I called up the BT business CS number to see what could be done about it and they said that if i took out a BT mobile contract, and diverted the numbers to that number then the call diverts would be completely free. now the only reason im asking on this forum is because he seemed very hesitant when i asked him "are you sure about that?".

He implied that they would be 100% free call diverts, meaning i wouldnt have to pay any connection charge per call, duration of call etc

if anybody could clarify this situation for me that would be great cause i could be saving £100+ per month, Thank you  🙂

3 REPLIES 3

chrisbtlbnewcas
BT Partner
BT Partner

Hi patrickyuis,

BT have a call package called One Plan Plus. All calls made between a customer's lines on this package are free. This includes fixed line to fixed line, fixed line to VoIP, VoIP to fixed line, fixed line to mobile, voIP to mobile, mobile to voIP and (deep breath) mobile to fixed line. All services must be with BT.

If you are currently diverting your fixed line to a mobile, then by taking a BT Mobile contract and signing up to One Plan Plus will give you free calls.

I have to point out that there is a Fair Usage policy and that is no more than 75% of your total call traffic can be inter-company. In otherwords, 25% of your calls must be to numbers that aren't part of your business.

If you want to know more or how you can progress an order (including the latest BT Mobile deals), please feel free to drop me a line.

BT Local Business Newcastle

Redalerto

Would I get call divert if I took out an unlimited calling package on the BT Business Phone Line?

I also want to see how I can reduce the amount of calls on the phone bill and almost half the calls are from call diverts.

Archbishop

Buy yourself a Burnside Telecomm GSM gateway unit with "Follow Me" firmware and a same network SIM card...you will then have a completely unlimited free diversion service for initial cost of the unit (£400) and then only the monthly cost of the SIM (£10?)