cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assigining extension numbers to two BT Featureline phones

keeleyhb

I have two BT featureline phones, how do I assign each with an extension number?

I have phoned the Featurline helpdesk and the chap there said that the engineer should have given me the extension numbers when I got the phones  (there was no engineer, the phones were bought via BT online shop). He then recommended that, as I have two phones, to try 20 and 21 as their extension numbers.

Please help I don't want to have to phone helpdesk and queue at help desk again I just want to transfer calls between the two phones!

1 REPLY 1

origamijoe

You must have two featurelines in order to be able to configure the phones as extensions, if you have just plugged them into a standard BT line, you will get a dialtone, but will not be able to transfer the calls as you would do on a Featureline, simply because it isn't!

If you are trying to use them on a featureline, then these will be sequential from 20 or 21. It is a case of plugging them into a line and seeing which is which.

And if you don't know if you've got a Featureline or not, the chances are you haven't - It requires you to 'Press 9 to get a line', so if you don't have to include 9 on every outside call, then chances are you are just on a standard line.