cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

too good to be true?

taxipaul

I'm having my line moved soon and whilst i was discussing options with the very helpful sales assistant he mentioned something that sounded too good to be true, can any one shed any light on this subject for me?

The sales assistant said that if i took out a mobile phone from BT at £15p/m then all diverts to me new mobile will be free ............thats all diverted calls, the diverted part of the call unlimited amount of calls and unlimited length of call.

I run a business whereby people call my BT landline which is on perminant divert to this new BT mobile number, is this is correct then i'm going to save around £100 p/m////!!!!!!

Is it true?????????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ScottBT

Hi,

You are correct - it is important that you read the T+C's (or better still, speak to one of the advisors) as this will cover all of these points to make sure that One Plan Plus is suitable for your business.

Just to clarify - BT's fair use policy states that no more of than 75% of your calls can be intra business (and therefore free), either from your landline to mobile (your divert) or your mobile back to the landline. So long as 25% of your minutes are outside of this then you are fine ...

Sorry, the 'first three months' was misleading as it is credited from your last 3 months bills - I should have put 3 months mobile line rental at no extra cost.

That's right, you can get a Blackberry on a Talk Time 120 minute bundle for £20.25/month, however this price changes when you add more minutes/handsets so it is best to refer to the link above and speak to an advisor for a definitive price.

Similarly for the minimum annual commintment of £500, the number of lines that you have with BT might mean that you already reach this, if not you will need to ensure that you will be making enough calls or that you have another product from BT that contributes towards your spend (such as broadband as Andy has mentioned).

As Andy said, there are a number of conditions to be aware of and it is therefore definitely worth talking it through with one of BT's advisors.

Regards

Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ScottBT

It sounds like the advisor was referring to our One Plan Plus proposition whereby all intra - business calls are free for the first hour. This would mean that you would experience free calls diverted to your mobile from your landline for the first hour and then standard One Plan rates after this - This is limited to a monthly average of 4 hours per day and only available to businesses with sub 100 fixed lines. It would mean that if eligible you would be saving a considerable amount on your current setup.

The cost of the mobile will be dependant on the Talk Time package that you choose (number of inclusive minutes etc) and more information can be found here: http://www.advertising.bt.com/mobile/

Note that when signing up for One Plan Plus you will also receive your first 3 months mobile line rental free of charge. This link will also show you some of the T+C's of the proposition as well as a number to call for more information and to order One Plan Plus.

Hope this helps

Scott

andyb

Hi,

It's a great offer but there are a few things that you need to be aware of.

First and foremost there is a limit to the diverted minutes you use. Provided that no more than 75% of the minutes that you are billed for are to the mobile then you are ok. Basically for every 100 chargable minutes that your landline is dialling out, 25 of them have to be to numbers other than the mobile so diverting the phone to your BT mobile 24/7 is not an option.

Secondly, the 3 months free is for the LAST 3 months of the contract, not the first as previously stated by Scott.

Thirdly, you need to make a minimum commitment to spend £500 per year with BT. £180 on the mobile and £180 odd on line rental so you need to be spending £140 on either calls or broadband.

And last but not least, for £20.25 per month you could be getting a Blackberry instead of a pay as you go phone!

All in all it is a fantastic deal but make sure you read the small print or you could come a cropper.

Regards,

Andy

ScottBT

Hi,

You are correct - it is important that you read the T+C's (or better still, speak to one of the advisors) as this will cover all of these points to make sure that One Plan Plus is suitable for your business.

Just to clarify - BT's fair use policy states that no more of than 75% of your calls can be intra business (and therefore free), either from your landline to mobile (your divert) or your mobile back to the landline. So long as 25% of your minutes are outside of this then you are fine ...

Sorry, the 'first three months' was misleading as it is credited from your last 3 months bills - I should have put 3 months mobile line rental at no extra cost.

That's right, you can get a Blackberry on a Talk Time 120 minute bundle for £20.25/month, however this price changes when you add more minutes/handsets so it is best to refer to the link above and speak to an advisor for a definitive price.

Similarly for the minimum annual commintment of £500, the number of lines that you have with BT might mean that you already reach this, if not you will need to ensure that you will be making enough calls or that you have another product from BT that contributes towards your spend (such as broadband as Andy has mentioned).

As Andy said, there are a number of conditions to be aware of and it is therefore definitely worth talking it through with one of BT's advisors.

Regards

Scott

issy_bt

Well, all I know is that BT have been pretty straight with me so far....  and I asked the most thickest of questions too!

digitalmind800

Glad I came across this information, helpful indeed, thanks Scott!

[advertising link removed by moderators]