cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Billing Analyst wont start

op223op

Hi,

I have installed BT Billing Analyst on a PC but unless I am logged in as myself (system admin) it comes up with an error saying it is unable to read system settings and the program will shut down.

Do you know where the system settings information is kept so I can grant the correct permissions to the folder?

Thanks

Dan

5 REPLIES 5

Rlowery

A couple of employees are also having this problem,

Can someone assist please?  or if you solved this could you guide me through the steps you have taken to solve it?

klauzser
Power User

I thought it is normal because the problem fades off whenever I logged in. If there is a problem with it, I would like to know how to fix it.

suzannem

I also have this problem, Im not able to make the person using the software a local admin on the pc as that is against company policy, is there a work around, PC is running XP

Thanks

techn1k

Hi,

before this can be run by a normal user. While logged in as administrator start the software, select the pro version. Enter the correct billing details. Or get the member of staff to fill them in. Then activate the software.

Once this has been done you can log off as administrator and back on as normal user. Software then works fine.

Hope this helps

Nick

dturtill

i am getting the same message despite being a system Admin, i have tested on another network and it works fine are you able to confirm if it is trying to connect to an external site first and if so what so i can check our local firewall