cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Security.

ColinK

I manage my local Scout groups' hall and recently spoke to somebody at BT about changing the details on the BT account from my name to the groups name. As the account was a residentual account they told me this could not be done. Fair enough I guess. But they did suggest I spoke to BT Business. So I spoke to somebody at BT Bussiness to ask what was involved and it all seemed to be so easy and as an added bonus it also worked out a little cheaper. 

So we decided to go with it and get the residentail line converted to a business line. All went well on the change over, and there was no break in service. Well impressed. 

In the meantime, sadley the Scout groups Treasurer passed away, which ment we had to get the billing address details changed to our new Treasurer. I tried doing this on the online account webpage but after a few attempts and failing I decided to phone and get it done. Great job done, or so I thought ! 

After checking a few times on the business.bt.com website and nothing changing, I decided to phone again. Many apoligies and we will get that fixed for you. Great job done. 

Not thinking anymore of it for a few weeks, our new Treasurer said they wanted a cheque signing for the BT bill. Wow whats going on I ask, there is no bill due. We have had a bill for £279 sent to our new treasurers address (remember the address I tried to get changed a few weeks prevoius ?) This bill is obvoiusly a rogue one as it doesnt even have the correct account number on it, neather the old residentual or the business one,  although it does have the correct phone line number. So where has it come from ? How did who ever it came from know our new Treasurers address that I had only given BT a few weeks prevoius. After phoning BT and telling them what had happened I was told that BT never shares our info with 3rd parties. Yes I suspect they never do knowinly share our info, but quite obvoiusly it has been passed on by somebody. I suspect it was somebody in the call centre that I was put through too, wherever in the world that was, certainly not in the UK.

Anyway going on from there, oh yea theres more ! Today I've had an email from [BT Business -  remedyATfuswrk.fusion.bt.com] stating that our order for the termination of services is being processed and services will be terminated on 02/06/16. Is this a true BT email I wonder ? Logged on the website and it does not reconise the order number so I guess somebody has my details as well as our Treasurers details. Thanks BT.

Oh and if somebody from BT does happen to read this, we are still waiting for the paper version of the Direct debit mandate that I have asked for twice now so we can pay the proper BT bill. We have been unable to sign the digital online version that I was sent an email for, Im actually wondering now if that was a rogue email too. Or shall I put our account details on here so everyone can see it, as I guess you will proably pass them on to a 3rd party anyway, knowinly or not.

As you can guess Im really not impressed with the service we have had from BT these past weeks. Its a real shame that we cant afford the cost that Virgin wants to run a cable in to our premises, because thats the way I would go if I had the chance. 

2 REPLIES 2

ColinK

Oh Sorry to bore you even more, there was more that I forgot about. Our Bt residential account was supposedly cancelled by who ever set up the business account. So why are we still being debited just over £22 for the last two months for an internet service thats being supplied on a cancelled line. ? eh !!!

ColinK

Update. What a bunch of complete idiots  !

It seems that yet another bill has been delivered to our Group Treasurer, this time for £311.40. Same account number as the first bill for £279. 

I decided to go the the bt.com/fastpay and enter the account number and bill number. Surprise, it accepted it and verified the amount on the bill.

Oh what a lash up BT. You have now linked 3 accounts to one Phone line.

One residential account which is not ours at all although it has our number and treasurers details on it and also has an order in place to cancel the Broadband commencing tomorrow, 02/06/16.

One which was supposedly closed down in Feb, which we are still getting charged for option 1 Internet but no line rental. How is it possible to supply broadband when there is no line rental being payed ????

And finally the new business account which has my details on it, and Im still waiting, despite two phone calls, for a paper Direct Debit mandate form.

Well done BT.

BTW, today I spoke to Virgin. It seems that its alot cheaper that I thought, they can supply a business phone line and internet at 50Mbps (makes our current 2.5Mbps, if we are lucky, look silly) for £30 per month + VAT. plus a one off install charge of £50. I have been emailed the paperwork already.

I would phone 150 and get routed to India or where ever the hell it is, but hey whats the point, cos thats how we got in this mess in the first place. So we are waiting in anticipation BT, are you going to sort this or are we going Cable ? The balls in your court.