cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being chased by debt collection agency for a number that doesnt exist

goldenchris

I set up a business line in April last year.

the phone line used to set up the phone line (residential) was with talk tak and canceled due to changeover to a virgin line and new number.

I got a call last week telling me I owed over £300 to a debt agency.

Incenced, I spoke for an hour to a girl in the billings team  who aparently sorted out the problem and agreed that the number was nothing to do and was billed by mistake (my BT account shows MY biusiness line number and that line ONLY)

I received another call today with a message to call and settle, or the bill would be passed to A DIFFERENT debt collection agency.

I am at my wits end, Nobody will send me anything in writing and I cannot afford to spen 1 hour on the phone each time to find out the situation is not resolved.

I have paid all my bills and my account is up to date. HOW can I put this to rest. I am at my wits end.

AWFUL service and terrible customer consideration.

I have never missed a payment for anything in my life - EVER and now im being hounded by debt collection agencies???

BT should be ashamed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

If any money is owed to BT Business we do not automatically send it to a Debt Collection Agency. We will first send out Final reminders, bills and letters to try and retrieve any outstanding money. It it only after we have exhausted all avenues of retrieval will we request a debt management company look into the outstanding sums.

If you have received a bill from a Debt Management company, you would need to call 0845 600 6156 (opening times are 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm on Saturday). They will be able to review the case, and if there is an error, clear the amount and contact the Debt Management company to stop all action.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that is being caused, but our team on 0845 600 6156 will be able to assist you with this.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Fiona
Grand Guru

Hi

If any money is owed to BT Business we do not automatically send it to a Debt Collection Agency. We will first send out Final reminders, bills and letters to try and retrieve any outstanding money. It it only after we have exhausted all avenues of retrieval will we request a debt management company look into the outstanding sums.

If you have received a bill from a Debt Management company, you would need to call 0845 600 6156 (opening times are 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm on Saturday). They will be able to review the case, and if there is an error, clear the amount and contact the Debt Management company to stop all action.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that is being caused, but our team on 0845 600 6156 will be able to assist you with this.

Kind Regards

Fiona

BT Business Forum Moderator

Like this post, or any others? Please click on the star image on the left hand side if you do.
If you ask a question by putting up the first post in a thread and a follow-up post answers your question correctly, please let other Forum members know which post contains the correct answer by clicking on the 'Accept as Solution' button on the right hand side of the post.