cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chelsea, weeks with speeds below 1meg, business account BT ADSL

Porter_Jack

Hi, just registered to keep track on what is going on here, kind of a diary of this farce.

We have a business BT line, the speeds recently stay around 0.5meg and thats only if connection is established. Today I have 0.2-0.3 and thats only for couple of minutes or so and it drops again and again. Three routers tested, many filters and cables etc. Basicaly BT broadband is tottaly useless. This has been going on for weeks now. I had an engineer visit last week, I have been chating with BT help line several times  - all to no avail but they do tell you about fiber availability, oh yes they do. I am constantly tethered to my mobile. Residential customers floor above have their BT routers synced at 15-17mb with no issues. Central London, Chelsea, SW10.

Engineer is coming tomorrow again - update soon.

log3b.jpg

5 REPLIES 5

Porter_Jack

Tuesday, engineer should pop in today. The broadband is down - the last time when the router synced succesfully was yesterday at 17.39 - the sync speed 174kb - see below.

bt_02_19.09.17.jpg

Porter_Jack

Engineer has just left. He spent significally more time than the one who was here last week. The BT socket has been replaced with a new one and new router installed. The sync looks very good, currently 6.7meg. Lets hope it will stay like this.42605444439429807_1.jpg

First_WAN_log_new_router_1.jpg

first_sync_saafter_engineer_left_1.jpg

Porter_Jack

Thats it for today, time to go home. The line looks like this now - sync dropped a bit but for some reasons it does not feel like 5-6megs. Loading bbc.co.uk takes some 30-40secs. Google.co.uk 25-30secs, lbc.co.uk a minute and a half. Refreshing gmail nearly a minute. Mobile tethering is so much better and cheaper! Lets wait coupe of days for this BT Business line to come to senses. Wonder if its possible at all ...
after_one_day_1.jpg

Porter_Jack

Looks good today. For the first time in over a month. Sync as yesterday but the websites load much faster. So it can be done without a fibre! Ha ha!

Porter_Jack
It has been over a week now since it was repaired by the engineer. No disconnections, no drops, it looks stable - good 6megs and hopefully it will stay at this speed.