cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory listing problem

marshn

Over the last week or so I have been trying to resolve a problem with a listing for our company on www.thephonebook.bt.com. The company name/address is correct, but the wrong phone number is displayed. This is obviously a serious problem as potential customers are calling a number which is not ours.

The directory listings people at BT can't help, as the erroneous number is not a BT line. All they can suggest is that I contact the carrier reponsible for the line and ask them to amend the listing - but it is not our line, it never has been and I don't know which carrier to contact.

Once I had spoken to several call centers I made a complaint via the "BT Business complaint escalation form" at How to make a complaint | BT Business in an attempt to resolve the problem. Within 24 hours I received a reply (suggesting that I call 'Directory Listings' team on 0800 833 400 - who confirmed that they couldn't help, but did pass me onto an Indian call center who promised to call back but haven't).

The reply to my complaint tells me that the complaint is now resolved, but that it can be reopened within 7 days, or for further help I can reply to the e-mail. Unfortunately it does not tell me how to reopen the complaint, and I cannot sent a reply to the e-mail as it comes from bt.business.no.reply@bt.com.

I have submitted a further complaint via the "BT Business complaint escalation form", but I don't hold out much hope of a helpful response.

Can anyone suggest a way of reopening a complaint or talking to somebody within BT who will actuall understand the problem and be in a position to help resolve it?

marshn

0 REPLIES 0