cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with mdb database file

Mcdaniel4320

I can’t open my access file. Every time I tried, I got notification that the file is corrupted. What can I do in this situation? Maybe it is caused by some kind of virus? Last time my PC was shut down incorrect. Maybe this one?

10 REPLIES 10

McKenzie1983

Hi dude! 

To repair a corrupt .mdb database of MS Access, one can try Compact and Repair feature of MS Access. It repairs corrupt database and makes it accessible for database users. Other than this one can also use import feature of MS Access that helps database users import their corrupt database to a new database file.

The alternative soft can also help you in case of need

This is one of them:

http://www.mdb.repair/    MDB Repair Kit

SimonStrom

The repair method attempts to recover only the tables, indexes and queries in the database. Do not attempt to repair damaged forms, reports, macros and modules. Before executing the Compact and Repair tool, please ensure the following condition:

1. Do not open Access database must closed
  2. Sufficient storage space available - minimum double in size of your Access database on that Disk.
  3. Close the .mdb file related to .ldb file before you delete the .ldb file.
  4. Then Run the Compact and Repair tool

Jamesdean250

Resolve all kinds of corruption issues related to MS Access database, with the help of Kernel for Access database recovery software. The software supports the recovery data from both MDB and ACCDB file of MS Access. In addition, users can also retrieve database with its key internal data structure, such as field sizes, auto-number, primary keys and table structure.

The software supports all MS Access versions. To evaluate the features and functionalities of the software, users can download its free trial version from: http://www.repairaccessdatabase.mdbrecovery.net

henri2398

If you think that your MS Access database files has got corrupted due to virus then just scan your MDB files with anti-virus program and if it got corrupted by sudden system shutdown then you can use inbuilt “Compact & Repair” utility.

If built-in utility fails then here find out the alternative solutions: How to Repair MDB Files When Compact and Repair Does Not Work

virat

I would suggest you to "Compact and repair" your database.

When you try to open a database file that is corrupted, you are prompted to let Access automatically repair the file. You can also manually use the Compact and Repair Database command to repair and open a corrupted database file.

You can select the Compact on Close database option if you want to automatically compact and repair a database when it closes.

NOTE: Setting this option affects only the database that is currently open. You must set this option separately for each database that you want to automatically compact and repair.

1. On theFile tab, click 
  2. In theAccess Options dialog box, click Current Database.
  3. UnderApplication Options, select the Compact on Close check box.

In addition to or instead of using the Compact on Close database option, you can manually run the Compact and Repair Database command. You can run the command when you have a database open, and you can run the command on a database that is not open. You can also create a desktop shortcut that runs the Compact and Repair Database command on a particular database file.

Compact and repair a database that you have open

NOTE: If other users are also currently using the database file, you cannot perform a compact and repair operation.

• On theFile tab, click Info, and then click Compact and Repair Database.

Compact and repair a database that is not open

NOTE: If other users are currently using the database file, you cannot perform a compact and repair operation. While you run the compact and repair operation, no one can use the database file.

1. Start Access, but do not open a database.
  2. Point toInfo, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
  3. In theDatabase to Compact From dialog box, navigate to and double-click the database that you want to compact and repair.

edwards142

If you are facing any issue related to access database corruption and due to this reason you are not able to access database file, Use Access Database Repair tool software which can easily fix corrupted database files and and recover and repair all the data and file objects, such as: tables, queries, indexes, relations, etc. Use Free Trial Version & See the Preview of Recoverable MS Access Database Objects

edwards142

In my previous post I have recommended you about using the most reliable tool for fixing up access database corruption or any other related issues. Today, I want to share a very helpful post regarding common access database error through which we all encountered frequently. So, now you does not needs to deal with such errors as here you will also get the most appropriate solution for it.

Fix Access Database Errors: 'Database needs to be repaired'?

edwards142

Regarding this today, i want to share something which quiet commonly occur but tough to deal with and that issue is Access Damaged Macros and Module issue. To know what fixes can actually help you to get rid of this error, read this helpful and informative post:

Fixes To Repair Damaged Access Macros And Modules

JonDykstra

Latest Access Database repair software that fixes all major and minor database errors and issues of MS Access 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000 on your latest Windows 10 PC and also on Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista / 2003 / XP.