cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging in on Home page

delaheysuk

Since the My Office makeover we have experienced the same problem mentioned by Birdbrain1, i.e. the website address is not remembered even though the Remember box is ticked.

A solution would be appreciated. (The Birdbrain entry is shown as resolved - where does the solution appear?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

delaheysuk

Hi again Tracy,

I have discovered that going direct to the Manage Services page (by clicking on the email tab on the My Office page) instead of My Office to log on, my e-mail address has been retained, so problem solved. Why it doesn't retain it on the My Office page still remains a mystery.

Regards,

Alan Wilson 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tracey
Guru

Hi Dalaheysuk,

There are a couple of reasons that I can think of that would cause a browser not to remember you. The first is that cookies may not be enabled on the PC.

The second is that the usernames and passwords are only stored if the user logs into the PC. If no username/password is provided, any stored credentials will not be loaded into your profile.

You would need to enable the cookies or log onto the PC with a username and password.

Hope this is of help to you.

Thanks

Tracey

BT Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.

delaheysuk

Hi Tracey,

Cookies are enabled and the log-in procedure to the PC is the same as before this problem arose. This seemed to coincide with the new My Office format or possibly the Windows IE update to version 8.

It is not a show-stopping problem, just an annoyance to have to put in our e-mail address every time we log on.

If you have any other ideas we would be pleased to hear them.

Regards,

Alan Wilson

Tracey
Guru

Hi Alan,

Do you log into Windows with a username and password?

Thanks

Tracey

BT Forum Moderator

If you like a post please click on the star image on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other Forum members know by clicking on Accept as Solution on the right-hand side of the answer post. Please also consider replying to the post stating that your question has been answered successfully.

delaheysuk

Hi again Tracy,

I have discovered that going direct to the Manage Services page (by clicking on the email tab on the My Office page) instead of My Office to log on, my e-mail address has been retained, so problem solved. Why it doesn't retain it on the My Office page still remains a mystery.

Regards,

Alan Wilson